hctiwsblade13

NVC processing documents beyond my submission date + CEAC technical issue

3 posts in this topic

I am the USC petitioner for my spouse's CR1 visa. In mid-May, everything except my spouse's police certificate was accepted by the NVC, and within their document processing timeframe. We got the new police certificate, and submitted June 7. Now the NVC processing timeframe is saying that, as of this Monday, they're reviewing documents submitted on June 8, but this police certificate still hasn't been approved. This is literally the last thing to complete our case.

But also, I'm suspecting it hasto do with something strange that happened on our CEAC (red box is redacted name).
2057411677_ScreenShot2021-07-28at1_56_36pm.thumb.png.29ae6e7788f414d4ff8dc3b3eb101554.png

Before submitting the replacement police certificate, these strange entries appeared regarding "1st Marriage"--obviously a police certificate, passport bio page, or photographs don't change with a different marriage--so I spoke to an agent at the NVC. She said to add in the comments, "Approved below." I feel like now some other agent has seen this and is thoroughly confused.

Is it worth calling the NVC about this? I want to get this police certificate approved so we can move forward before my work contract ends next month.

19 minutes ago, hctiwsblade13 said:

I am the USC petitioner for my spouse's CR1 visa. In mid-May, everything except my spouse's police certificate was accepted by the NVC, and within their document processing timeframe. We got the new police certificate, and submitted June 7. Now the NVC processing timeframe is saying that, as of this Monday, they're reviewing documents submitted on June 8, but this police certificate still hasn't been approved. This is literally the last thing to complete our case.

But also, I'm suspecting it hasto do with something strange that happened on our CEAC (red box is redacted name).
2057411677_ScreenShot2021-07-28at1_56_36pm.thumb.png.29ae6e7788f414d4ff8dc3b3eb101554.png

Before submitting the replacement police certificate, these strange entries appeared regarding "1st Marriage"--obviously a police certificate, passport bio page, or photographs don't change with a different marriage--so I spoke to an agent at the NVC. She said to add in the comments, "Approved below." I feel like now some other agent has seen this and is thoroughly confused.

Is it worth calling the NVC about this? I want to get this police certificate approved so we can move forward before my work contract ends next month.

That's definitely odd. Yes, I would call tomorrow. They have been behind the posted review dates for the last few weeks but we resubmitted two documents on June 8th and just got the DQ email earlier today, so worth calling about it. Good luck

We had this same problem too. Many of my husbands' documents kept getting retitled with inaccurate names.  I would call, I would email and make comments next to the documents on the CEAC website. His Visa has now been granted , but his documents and titles are completely messed up. Somehow it all happend though and he had his interview in June and received his VISA in July. Now waiting for Australia to allow him to leave. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.