Kokomo

My embassy does not process i130.

5 posts in this topic

I’m from Brunei and the US consulate here does not process any immigration visas. It’s a very very small country. Anyways, my husband filed the i130 online already and we have listed Singapore as the US consulate to process our visa. I just wanna know if anyone here has any experience with having a US consulate from a different country process your visa. I’m just worried, with covid and everything, I just want to be prepared.

Not particularly worried about Singapore as a whole or even the US consulate there but rather the traveling part. Would I be required to stay for so long there? Would they give me ample time to prepare for the trip? It’s covid and thus it’s not as easy as buying a ticket and hopping on a plane anymore unfortunately. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Kokomo said:

I’m from Brunei and the US consulate here does not process any immigration visas. It’s a very very small country. Anyways, my husband filed the i130 online already and we have listed Singapore as the US consulate to process our visa. I just wanna know if anyone here has any experience with having a US consulate from a different country process your visa. I’m just worried, with covid and everything, I just want to be prepared.

Not particularly worried about Singapore as a whole or even the US consulate there but rather the traveling part. Would I be required to stay for so long there? Would they give me ample time to prepare for the trip? It’s covid and thus it’s not as easy as buying a ticket and hopping on a plane anymore unfortunately. 

You would need to follow whatever travel protocol that is in place for Singapore when you need to go.  These protocols change frequently and what is required today will likely be very different next month or next year.  If they require quarantine,  you must follow the regulations.

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

8 minutes ago, payxibka said:

You would need to follow whatever travel protocol that is in place for Singapore when you need to go.  These protocols change frequently and what is required today will likely be very different next month or next year.  If they require quarantine,  you must follow the regulations.

Yea most definitely. Idk how to edit my question lol new here but I was more so curious as to whether the embassy would give me time to prepare for the trip. Give me the heads up as to how long would I need to stay in the country seeing as I’m not even from Singapore, where would I need to do medical etc. It’s too early to ask these questions haha but just curious as to the experiences of others in a similar situation as mine.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Kokomo said:

Yea most definitely. Idk how to edit my question lol new here but I was more so curious as to whether the embassy would give me time to prepare for the trip. Give me the heads up as to how long would I need to stay in the country seeing as I’m not even from Singapore, where would I need to do medical etc. It’s too early to ask these questions haha but just curious as to the experiences of others in a similar situation as mine.

Typically interviews are scheduled 4 to 6 weeks ahead.   Singapore has one authorized panel physician,  and they are located in Singapore.   All this information is available online 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/SGP-Singapore.html

YMMV

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

Typically interviews are scheduled 4 to 6 weeks ahead.   Singapore has one authorized panel physician,  and they are located in Singapore.   All this information is available online 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/SGP-Singapore.html

Thank you 🙂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.