Agolbaghi

Abu Dhabi embassy (split)

2 posts in this topic

On 6/28/2021 at 5:22 AM, Disfan01 said:

Bit of maybe an odd question, but quick backstory first.. I am a US citizen and my husband is an LPR. We are now living in the US and in the process of bringing my stepson to live with us here. We are currently waiting on our paperwork to clear NVC but trying to get prepared for the rest of the process. My husband is planning to fly back to South Africa when our son goes for his interview, as we really don’t want to mail our original documents (it took almost a year to get our marriage certificate from Home Affairs, and we only have one copy). When it comes time to fly into the US, my stepsons mom was planning to bring him to us.  There are several reasons for this. We aren’t sure my husband would be able to get off work again long enough to make the trip and I can’t easily go myself because we have a young toddler as well. She also has friends this side she is planning to visit anyway.  

so my question is, is it likely to cause any problems at POE if his mom travels with him?  She does have a good history of visiting and leaving well within the visitors timeframe. She also has ties to SA (another child and owns property that side).  

Couple of semi related questions: I am also planning to go to Abu Dhabi for my dad interview as well mainly because he doesn’t have anyone to fly from Iran to Abu Dhabi ( we don’t have usa embassy in Iran)

now:

1. Do you think they allow me to get all the way inside embassy to accompany him?! I know officer can speak Farsi but website also says elderly can have one person accompanied!

2.considering all COVID restrictions , do you think such an adventure journey is feasible considering many flights and many restrictions?! I am thinking to quit my job here in usa once we got 3 months pre-interview letter!

many thanks in advance 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Post split from other thread by other member on another issue and moved to the regional forum for more experienced answers. Please ask questions about your own case in your own thread ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.