dzikatarzyna

Withdrawing DS-260 / Adjustment of Status DV

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Poland
Timeline

I have seen other posts about withdriving application but none of them answer my question.

I was selected for DV-2022 and I am currently residing in the US on O-1. I was a bit over-eager reading the instructions and I submitted in DS-260 in June. I should only file Adjustment of Status I-485 when my number comes up in the visa bulletin. In my electronic application it says "completed" but I haven't submitted any additional documents like photos or whatever because I don't want them to process it that way. I called USCIS office in NYC - they said it shouldn't be an issue, but I should call KCC to make sure and schedule an interview with them later - but KCC's phone is off - they direct everyone to email, and I did send an email explaining the situation. I know I should wait for their response but it takes forever and might be too late soon. I just want to make sure I am not messing anything up. 

I scheduled some consultations with lawyers, but I am really not looking forward to pay $200 for someone to tell me "it's ok" or respond to my problem in one sentence. All help is greatly appreciated.

Whoa, slow down, and breathe! Nothing has gone wrong! Submitting a DS260 is just the first step in the process and the timing does not affect anything else. To do adjustment of status you will submit an i485 - that is the document that needs to wait for your number to be current. If you listed your current address in the DS260 as being in the US, then KCC will know you are doing adjustment of status. KCC does not schedule AOS interviews - your local uscis office will do that after you have filed for AOS. You don’t need to do anything else now, though if you have a fairly low case number you  may want to submit the diversity visa fee to the department of state so that you get the receipt in time to include in your AOS package. I am going to send you a PM with further resources.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.