Ruryn

Paperwork ,financial, Time

3 posts in this topic

HI Everyone,

Thanks for all the previous help. I have more questions. I guess my concerns and questions are financial, timing and paperwork.

My fiance and I live in Cambodia. I am a teacher contracted till June 2021. US schools don't accept applications or anything until late May-ish.We are not planning on returning to the U.S. until summer of 2021. If we send in the petition and timeline goes as planned we could have an interview early April (fingers crossed and toes crossed) So I might not have a have a job lined up by the time of the interview.

- if I do not have a job,  Will they accept sponsorship from my parents AND siblings (I-864)?

-if so, will I need to have them filled out and handed in with my I-129f? I assuming yes.

Paperwork.

We both live in Cambodia. I was thinking the delivering all paperwork from the U.S. because it will be exceptionally faster. Mail usually takes about 4 week to receive it here (Cambodia). So it will already take 8 weeks if sending/receiving stuff from Cambodia. So, I would fill out everything here, scan, then email. My family would print and mail.

-Is it possible to send all the paper from U.S.?

-Section Part 3-Criminal Information. 4a,b

- I had a DUI in 2006. It has been expunged. The instructions 4b "unless you have a court certified statement that no record exist.."

-Shall I provide my expunged paperwork with no other paperwork or statements, or shall I just provide everything?

-My fiance has a deceased father. Shall I put his name?

Thank you in advanc

45 minutes ago, Ruryn said:

summer of 2021.

Do you mean summer 2022? 

I think April is a very optimistic estimation to have an interview. Cambodia consulate seems to be processing K1s which is great news but I would still estimate it to take a year from when you send a petition. That’s more of a realistic timeline and I’m saying that from personal experience during covid. You might get lucky and have faster processing but that’s not usually the case and I learned that keeping expectations low helps you to not lose your mind during this process. 

If I do not have a job,  Will they accept sponsorship from my parents AND siblings (I-864)?

It’s form I-134, not I-864. Most consulates accept joint sponsors but some don’t. I suggest reading posts about that here on VJ about other people’s experiences in Cambodia Consulate to find out if they accept them.

if so, will I need to have them filled out and handed in with my I-129f? I assuming yes.

No you do not provide any financial information until it’s time for an interview.

Is it possible to send all the paper from U.S.?

I don’t see why not.

My fiance has a deceased father. Shall I put his name?

Yes 

sorry, I don’t know how to answer the DUI question, perhaps more knowledgeable VJ member can chime in. 

Edited by powerpuff

Thanks Powerpuff
Just hoping but not really expecting a quick turnover for the interview.

Thanks for the correction on the form name.
Maybe I will just have the co-sponsor fill them out have them ready. I have found the Cambodia page of VJ. Still learning how to navigate this site. :)

Sending/receiving paperwork-That's a sigh of relief.

No worries about the DUI. I believe am I correct. It states that If I have a certified signature from the court stating my expungement that's all I need. But I will do more research.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.