leila85

Changing address when filing for removal of condition?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I am about to file for removal the condition of residency. I recently moved to a new place but I would like my mails to get to my previous home as there is always someone that I know to collect them.

I am not sure how long I am going to be in this new apartment probably not long so I was wondering if I should write this new address as my physical address in the form I751 since I am not even going to get my mails here. 

What do you think? Do you think it will cause me problems if I do not change my physical address with USCIS? I am just worried that having a physical address different from my mailing one will cause further delays.

Thank in advance!

Filing on Monday 😃

@leila85 USCIS always wants to have your physical address. I would list your previous address as your mailing address and your current address as your physical address.  I would imagine that your new address would come up when USCIS runs background checks. To answer you question, though, I do not think that listing a mailing address different than your physical address is an issue. That's what we did. 

I would also update your Driver's license. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Timeline

Thank you so much @USC4SPOUSE Do you think I will have any issue or delays in receive my mails because of that? I want to keep my old house as mailing address as I am not going to stay in this new apartment for long probably and there is always someone I know in the previous house who will tell me when mails arrive. 

I heard USCIS is pretty slow at updating addresses but hopefully everything will be ok.

Thank you so much 

@leila85 It sounds like your move is not a permanent move, then. In that case, you do not need to change your physical address. You are only required to report permanent changes of address. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

Timeline

@USC4SPOUSE Hi 👋 well I’m not sure to be honest. My friend left and she told me I could take over her apartment if I wanted. So I did. But if I find something bigger by October I’ll move if not I’ll stay here till I find something that’s why I was gonna change it since I will be here for a while I guess 

Timeline

@USC4SPOUSE and lol sorry one last question 😅 so you didn’t have any problems with receiving all the USCIS mails at your mailing address instead of the physical?

thanks in advance 🙏

2 hours ago, leila85 said:

@USC4SPOUSE and lol sorry one last question 😅 so you didn’t have any problems with receiving all the USCIS mails at your mailing address instead of the physical?

thanks in advance 🙏

@leila85 We have not had any issues. We have a PMB (Postal mailbox) with UPS and listed that as our mailing address on the I-751 and of course, we listed our residential address. So far so good. 

It's all up to you. :) 

I-751 Joint Filing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.