9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My I-94 stapled into my passport was torn off at the dotted line at my last POE. My passport only contains my visa, and this green strip of the remaining I-94, which just says "See Other Side" and "Staple Here" On the bottom. Is there some other place my I-94 number should be located?

My I-94 stapled into my passport was torn off at the dotted line at my last POE. My passport only contains my visa, and this green strip of the remaining I-94, which just says "See Other Side" and "Staple Here" On the bottom. Is there some other place my I-94 number should be located?

Your I-94 was torn out of your passport on your way in to the US? That doesn't sound right... and if it's a green bit you can see, that's an I-94W (for people coming in on the visa waiver program) - did you enter on the VWP last time (assuming you're in the US now)? The I-94 (or I-94W) will be taken when you leave the US, but if you're here now... you should have either an I-94 or I-94W somewhere. Mine wasn't stapled into my passport, so I keep it safe... are you sure you don't have one lying around with boarding passes etc from your last entry?

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

I would suggest you start with the USCIS 800 number. They might be able to help you track down the number on the I-94. You will need that when applying for adjustment of status. Generally, there is an "A" number assigned with the I-94 which would become your alien registration number.

Sorry, I can offer more help.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The only place the I-94 number would be is on the white paper that was torn off. Why did they remove it? I am not sure what to do about the missing number- you might have to file to get a replacement. I'm sure someone else will comment more about this momentarily.

I would suggest you start with the USCIS 800 number. They might be able to help you track down the number on the I-94. You will need that when applying for adjustment of status. Generally, there is an "A" number assigned with the I-94 which would become your alien registration number.

I am not sure, but I don't think that the 'mis-information' line can do anything about your I-94.

Also, I don't think that they assign you an A # when you get the I-94. I believe the A# is only issued by the USCIS when someone files for an immigrant/non-immigrant visa.

Edited by Jashley820

AOS

AOS Package received in Chicago 4-25-07 (Day 1)

NOA 1 5-01-07 (Day 7)

Cheque Cashed 5-02-07 (Day 8)

Touched 5-04-07 (Day 10)

Biometrics Appointment 5-18-07 (Day 26)

Touched 5-21-07 (Day 29)

Transferred to CSC e-mail 5-25-07 (Day 33)

Touched 5-28-07 (Day 36)

Touched again...feels niiiice! 5-29-07 (Day 37)

Notice of CSC transfer via reg mail 6-01-07 (Day 40)

Touched; 'pending @ CSC' e-mail 6-07-07 (Day 46)

Touched 6-08-07 (Day 47)

Touched 6-10-07 (Day 49)

Touched 6-19-07 (Day 58)

Touched 6-20-07 (Day 59)

Touched 8-31-07 & 9-3-07

Card Production Ordered 10-01-07

Welcome Notice Sent 10-02-07

Lifting of Conditions

Sent 7/13/09

Received at CSC 7/14/09

NOA Receieved (Dated 7/14) 7/18/09

Biometrics Appointment 8/12/09

Touched 8/13/09

Jashley,

Correct - the A# was created by USCIS when the petition was received and accepted for processing.

Yodrak

..... Generally, there is an "A" number assigned with the I-94 which would become your alien registration number.

Also, I don't think that they assign you an A # when you get the I-94. I believe the A# is only issued by the USCIS when someone files for an immigrant/non-immigrant visa.

Edited by Yodrak

Your I-94 was torn out of your passport on your way in to the US? That doesn't sound right... and if it's a green bit you can see, that's an I-94W (for people coming in on the visa waiver program) - did you enter on the VWP last time (assuming you're in the US now)? The I-94 (or I-94W) will be taken when you leave the US, but if you're here now... you should have either an I-94 or I-94W somewhere. Mine wasn't stapled into my passport, so I keep it safe... are you sure you don't have one lying around with boarding passes etc from your last entry?

Yes, i entered on VWP, with my K1 visa this time. Are they meant to take this during the POE for Visa?

Yes, i entered on VWP, with my K1 visa this time. Are they meant to take this during the POE for Visa?

If you entered on a K-1 visa, you didn't enter on the Visa Waiver Program. And you will have filled out an I-94, which will have been a white form (the I-94W used for the visa waiver program is green... sounds like that's from a previous visit)... they take the I-94 (or I-94W) from your passport when you LEAVE the US - on the way in, an immigration official at the POE is supposed to staple it into your passport when you're inspected, when they stamp your passport, etc.

So... the I-94 from this entry won't have been taken off you when you entered this time (although if you had an I-94W from a previous visit still in your passport, I can imagine THAT might have been taken at the POE....) - but if you can't find it, you can't find it! There's info here on how to replace a lost I-94... but might be worth having a last check through your carry-on or wherever you might have put boarding passes etc - like I said, my I-94 wasn't stapled into my passport this time (and it's not the first time that's happened to me) - if I didn't know how important it was NOT to mislay it, I'd probably have thrown it in the pocket of some bag and forgotten about it. (In fact, on a previous visit to the US that's exactly what I did - then proceeded to visit Tijuana for the day, without it in my passport, and got minor grief about the whereabouts of my I-94W when I came back across the border!)

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Yeah, i presumed it would have been in my passport. I just scoured the whole house, and found it lying in some obscure location. Panic over! Thankyou for the input though guys.

Awesome, I am so glad to hear that. It would have been a headache had you not found it!

AOS

AOS Package received in Chicago 4-25-07 (Day 1)

NOA 1 5-01-07 (Day 7)

Cheque Cashed 5-02-07 (Day 8)

Touched 5-04-07 (Day 10)

Biometrics Appointment 5-18-07 (Day 26)

Touched 5-21-07 (Day 29)

Transferred to CSC e-mail 5-25-07 (Day 33)

Touched 5-28-07 (Day 36)

Touched again...feels niiiice! 5-29-07 (Day 37)

Notice of CSC transfer via reg mail 6-01-07 (Day 40)

Touched; 'pending @ CSC' e-mail 6-07-07 (Day 46)

Touched 6-08-07 (Day 47)

Touched 6-10-07 (Day 49)

Touched 6-19-07 (Day 58)

Touched 6-20-07 (Day 59)

Touched 8-31-07 & 9-3-07

Card Production Ordered 10-01-07

Welcome Notice Sent 10-02-07

Lifting of Conditions

Sent 7/13/09

Received at CSC 7/14/09

NOA Receieved (Dated 7/14) 7/18/09

Biometrics Appointment 8/12/09

Touched 8/13/09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.