ordjnb

Parent’s can’t make their Visa Interview Appointment

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

So my parents are scheduled for an interview at the Seoul Consulate on July 8th. 

Unfortunately, they won’t be out of quarantine until July 20th, so obviously, this needs to be rescheduled.

I’m being told rescheduling is handled by CGIFederal according to this link that the Seoul Embassy routes me to. 

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/kr/kr-iv-appointmentschedule.asp

43C05AAF-C045-4FB0-BC89-2265C47F7A09.jpeg.0661882b81020ed0e0c6d62257ecac96.jpeg

It says no appointment is scheduled? 

I’m a bit confused as to what to do next?  Appreciate any help. Thanks 

I guess there is no opening yet… you need to keep checking especially 2-3 am your time when everyone sleeps so you get better chance… my experience is for tourist visa appointment for my parents… my plan worked properly few times… I guess immigrant visa is the same more or less…

I was wondering if you can please tell me how long did it take from your DQ till you got email saying you got interview date for your parents please?!

thanks

AG

1 minute ago, Agolbaghi said:

I guess there is no opening yet… you need to keep checking especially 2-3 am your time when everyone sleeps so you get better chance… my experience is for tourist visa appointment for my parents… my plan worked properly few times… I guess immigrant visa is the same more or less…

I was wondering if you can please tell me how long did it take from your DQ till you got email saying you got interview date for your parents please?!

thanks

AG

Issue is it doesn’t even say there’s the initial July 8th interview. So how do I even reschedule since there’s no option for that? 

my dad was approved last week and my mom two weeks prior and their interview was scheduled a week after my dads approval for the same date. 

thanks

AG

i read the link as well… my best guess is the webpage did not get updated… I guess you are ahead of embassy… I am sure you already tried other blue underlined line as well just in case if there is a link to appointment… my next move is to email or phone embassy maybe tomorrow if there is no change… since your interview date is close you haven’t the right to inform them about not being scheduled online… I guess I will follow your footsteps in near future… since I am still waiting for DQ for my dad!! But congratulations on receiving such fast interview appointments… as far as I see most other embassies are backlogged because of COVID and talking about months if not year between DQ and interview date! So I guess Seoul is doing right on that area but about your case and third party appointment facility something is not right!…. Please let us know how you resolved issue finally… good luck…

46 minutes ago, ordjnb said:

Issue is it doesn’t even say there’s the initial July 8th interview. So how do I even reschedule since there’s no option for that? 

my dad was approved last week and my mom two weeks prior and their interview was scheduled a week after my dads approval for the same date. 

Have you tried contacting the consulate via their listed phone or email contact details?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.