31 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Virgin Islands
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I need some advice or knowledge about a potential situation. This is not posted to cause a firestorm of negativity, it's a possible situation that I want to give the persons involved real scenarios to think through their decision. Ok there is a person who is here illegally. been here for 5 years. The person has met someone and they want to get married. They are expecting a child in 7months so the person is leaving the country to go back to have the K-3 filed. what potential problems do they face when leaving the country to go back. If they see a visa not in the passport what will they do? Or what are some possible outcomes? They said an attorney told them to leave since there is no record of them being here and try for the k-3 later. The worry is will there be red flag raised with customs when leaving the country. Thanks for your responses.

3/14/06 - ACTED A FOOL 1 month to the day GC received!!!

9/21/07- Went to the LAUNDROMAT. Visa Journey OVER FOR GOOD!!!!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
Hi Everyone,

I need some advice or knowledge about a potential situation. This is not posted to cause a firestorm of negativity, it's a possible situation that I want to give the persons involved real scenarios to think through their decision. Ok there is a person who is here illegally. been here for 5 years. The person has met someone and they want to get married. They are expecting a child in 7months so the person is leaving the country to go back to have the K-3 filed. what potential problems do they face when leaving the country to go back. If they see a visa not in the passport what will they do? Or what are some possible outcomes? They said an attorney told them to leave since there is no record of them being here and try for the k-3 later. The worry is will there be red flag raised with customs when leaving the country. Thanks for your responses.

Why not wait for the amnesty?

They could file K3/CR1 now and then go back for the interview with the waiver ready for submission if the amnesty does not happen

Customs check you entering, not leaving, and are not involved with immigration anyway.

Interesting that the Attorney is recommending perjury, did he, or she, confirm this recommendation in writing.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: Virgin Islands
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Why not wait for the amnesty?

They could file K3/CR1 now and then go back for the interview with the waiver ready for submission if the amnesty does not happen

Customs check you entering, not leaving, and are not involved with immigration anyway.

Interesting that the Attorney is recommending perjury, did he, or she, confirm this recommendation in writing.

Thanks Boiler,

No I'm sure they wouldn't put that advice in writing. So tell me more about the amnesty deal. I have been out of the immigration loop since our case was completed. So it looks like possible they can fix the mess they made by either waiting fir the amnesty (When is that set to happen or what's it all about) or leave undetected and do the visa the right way. Well minus some lies. Thanks again for the great education. Sonya

3/14/06 - ACTED A FOOL 1 month to the day GC received!!!

9/21/07- Went to the LAUNDROMAT. Visa Journey OVER FOR GOOD!!!!!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I highly doubt there's going to be a blanket amnesty, and it won't be quick.

What home country? If Mexico, they are quite forgiving with the necessary waivers.

These folks should invest some serious time reading the I-601 forum at www.immigrate2us.net *before* he leaves the US.

It's doable, but it will take some effort and intellect (or money).

A K-3 might not be the best option available. Read, read, read *then* make decisions.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Hi Everyone,

Hi Everyone,

well, i dont know much...my husband is waiting in Honduras , im in usa... i only have the noa 1. we cant wait anymore and today he decided to come here illegal and hope for a miracle of amnesty in the future. he is leaving this weekend. bad laws . bad system. we are in love and cant wait for the "right" way anymore, they finally broke us.

there are alot of people who can advise you wisely here on this forum. good luck. muy solo.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

well, i dont know much...my husband is waiting in Honduras , im in usa... i only have the noa 1. we cant wait anymore and today he decided to come here illegal and hope for a miracle of amnesty in the future. he is leaving this weekend. bad laws . bad system. we are in love and cant wait for the "right" way anymore, they finally broke us.

there are alot of people who can advise you wisely here on this forum. good luck. muy solo.

We all had to wait

The self justification will just p**s people off who are doing it the legal way.

And with two illegal entries there is no waiver.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Are you freakin' serious?

And how much money is he going to waste on sneaking in? $2000? $4000? And you're going to waste how much trying to file a waiver, supporting him while he's illegal, paying whatever fine gets decided on IF it gets decided on? Did it occur to you that all this chatter about amnesty and actually passing an immigration law is just political chatter building up for a midterm election? Does it occur to you that *nothing* might happen? Do you know how many people have been camping out waiting since the 80s for another "amnesty"? And here's me, paying good money to GO to Honduras for months at a time. Sit tight, save your money, make your plans for the future and be mature about it. Delayed gratification is good for the character.

Xristos, the problems people make for themselves. Care to know why it's a 'bad system'? You're contributing. Thanks a bunch.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

And how much money is he going to waste on sneaking in? $2000? $4000? And you're going to waste how much trying to file a waiver, supporting him while he's illegal, paying whatever fine gets decided on IF it gets decided on? Did it occur to you that all this chatter about amnesty and actually passing an immigration law is just political chatter building up for a midterm election? Does it occur to you that *nothing* might happen? Do you know how many people have been camping out waiting since the 80s for another "amnesty"? And here's me, paying good money to GO to Honduras for months at a time. Sit tight, save your money, make your plans for the future and be mature about it. Delayed gratification is good for the character.

Xristos, the problems people make for themselves. Care to know why it's a 'bad system'? You're contributing. Thanks a bunch.

well i hear u and its probly good advice but he was here 10 years before, when he was deported, so we will just take our chances. together. if he gets a second deportation he will just keep coming back illegal. till were old n grey. and there is no problem with him working hes made great money here and his job is waiting for him. if it ever got to be a problem ill just move over there and make do.i spent 8 months there, and we built a home there, we will just rent it out untill, if, we have to come back. i dont respect my country or my government anymore. i see what a giant farce it is. lifes too short for all that nonsense uscis stuff. i dont cherish the usa like when i was young and just believed everything i learned in school. besides, ill keep workin on the application and someday if he ever gets an interview appointment we will ust fly back to honduras and go to it. all this i read about what the uscis puts people thru, much longer than us for sure, i dont care if i have to lie my ### of to get the visa . i just do not care anymore. im mad as hell, my husbands mad as hell and so thats the plan.

yea, im not your average head in the sand conforming law abiding us citizen. bad laws , bad system, needs to be broken.

Filed: Timeline

well i hear u and its probly good advice but he was here 10 years before, when he was deported, so we will just take our chances. together. if he gets a second deportation he will just keep coming back illegal. till were old n grey. and there is no problem with him working hes made great money here and his job is waiting for him. if it ever got to be a problem ill just move over there and make do.i spent 8 months there, and we built a home there, we will just rent it out untill, if, we have to come back. i dont respect my country or my government anymore. i see what a giant farce it is. lifes too short for all that nonsense uscis stuff. i dont cherish the usa like when i was young and just believed everything i learned in school. besides, ill keep workin on the application and someday if he ever gets an interview appointment we will ust fly back to honduras and go to it. all this i read about what the uscis puts people thru, much longer than us for sure, i dont care if i have to lie my ### of to get the visa . i just do not care anymore. im mad as hell, my husbands mad as hell and so thats the plan.

yea, im not your average head in the sand conforming law abiding us citizen. bad laws , bad system, needs to be broken.

you are full of #######. either respect USA laws or get your Azz to his country. :thumbs:

shon.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

you are full of #######. either respect USA laws or get your Azz to his country. :thumbs:

I have to say if you wish to be with him then go to him since you have own home now there. Already deported once and here we are trying to get our loved ones over here the correct way. Go to his country if you cannot abide by the laws of the USA. It is not fair us doing it the correct way. We have to have our lives go under a microscope and be separated. You do not seem to respect the legal way. None of us want to be separated or go thru the heartache and worries and yet you want to throw this in our faces since you cannot conform to the correct processing.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

you have a right to your opinion, even tho its different than mine. this country belongs to the people,you and i and all the others here. not the beaurocracy. the people will demand and procure change by failing to submit to the beaurocracies wrongs and following their own path, just like our forefathers did when they disagreed with the government ...the taxes, rights and laws. and change it did and will continue to.

you have a right to your opinion, even tho its different than mine. this country belongs to the people,you and i and all the others here. not the beaurocracy. the people will demand and procure change by failing to submit to the beaurocracies wrongs and following their own path, just like our forefathers did when they disagreed with the government ...the taxes, rights and laws. and change it did and will continue to.

and, shonjaved...i do not throw anything in your face. i commend you and others who make a choice you believe in, to follow the process. i simply choose differently and have shared my thoughts and plans with you. i do not need to convince you or change you. best of luck and speedy process to you.

Filed: Timeline

well i hear u and its probly good advice but he was here 10 years before, when he was deported, so we will just take our chances. together. and there is no problem with him working hes made great money here and his job is waiting for him. if it ever got to be a problem ill just move over there and make do.i spent 8 months there, and we built a home there, we will just rent it out untill, if, we have to come back. i dont respect my country or my government anymore. i see what a giant farce it is. lifes too short for all that nonsense uscis stuff. i dont cherish the usa like when i was young and just believed everything i learned in school. besides, ill keep workin on the application and someday if he ever gets an interview appointment we will ust fly back to honduras and go to it. all this i read about what the uscis puts people thru, much longer than us for sure, i dont care if i have to lie my ### of to get the visa . i just do not care anymore. im mad as hell, my husbands mad as hell and so thats the plan.

and, shonjaved...i do not throw anything in your face. i commend you and others who make a choice you believe in, to follow the process. i simply choose differently and have shared my thoughts and plans with you. i do not need to convince you or change you. best of luck and speedy process to you.

Dont pee on my leg and call it rain!! :angry: you openly bragged about having your husband illegally enter as many time as it took til your old an grey

" if he gets a second deportation he will just keep coming back illegal. till were old n grey."

you then tried to justify your actions :

"there is no problem with him working hes made great money here and his job is waiting for him."

"i dont respect my country or my government anymore. i see what a giant farce it is. lifes too short for all that nonsense uscis stuff. i dont cherish the usa like when i was young and just believed everything i learned in school. "

"yea, im not your average head in the sand conforming law abiding us citizen. bad laws , bad system, needs to be broken "

" i dont care if i have to lie my ### of to get the visa "

I never wish ill will on no one. but YOU my dear. I hope the USICS puts you though All the Dramas they can possible muster. I hope your husband gets to face a 10 year bann. you get Found of Missrepresentation.

I am sure the path your going - it wont be a wish or a hope it will be YOUR reality. you wanna be a bad azz rebel you, wanna ignore the laws that protect you. go to the honduras and start your mess there. I have been apart from my sweet husband for well over a year following the laws. there are people on this very thread trying so hard to get their waivers approved - your big mouth mocks them! you think its funny? you think its cute? you said ...

" this country belongs to the people,you and i and all the others here. "

stop mocking the USA then follow the rules.

Edited by shonjaved
shon.gif

Dang :no:

You have only just started the process & already your giving up...........you both must be quitters ;)

Dont pee on my leg and call it rain!!
:lol::lol: shon, some times you just kill me :P Edited by euro

Amanda-England (Yorkshire)- Mark-USA(Michigan)

April/04/2005- Visa journey began!!

We did both K3 & CR1 visa's, got both!!- I returned to England for my CR1 interview after first arriving on a K3 visa!!

May/25th 2006- Green card arrives in the mail................YAY!!

19th June 2006 I Had to go to the Social Security Office to get my number, the DS-230 didnt work for me!!

26-June-2006- Social Security# arrived in the mail....YAY!!

Feb 2008 lift conditions <<<reminder to self!!<<<< went to England for a visit instead, no rush right, 90 days is a long time,LOL

Removing Conditions Begins

Mailed I-751 April 12th 2008

signed for @ NSC April 16th

NOA date April 16th

Conditional GC expired May 5th 2008

Biometrics Detroit May 10th 2008

10 year Green card ordered August 20th 2008

Citizenship any time from feb 2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

They submitted their I-129F in early February! Big deal, waiting less than 2 months!!!

I'm sorry if this offends anyone but Muy Solo, I hate people like you.

I wonder, muy solo, if you realize what will happen if the wrong person sees your post. Not hard to track you down and throw your beloved's ### out of the USA. First names, date of NOA1, country of beneficiary, enough information to track you down.

Sweet dreams!

11/30/05 Mailed K1 application

12/09/05 Check Cashed (Deposit Date on Check)

12/19/05 NOA1 physically Recieved

12/15/05 NOA1 (Postmark Date)

12/05/05 NOA1 Official Recieved Date (Printed on NOA1)

12/14/05 NOA1 Official Notice Date (Printed on NOA1)

Waiting Begins for NOA2

03/09/06 NOA2physically Received

03/07/06 NOA2 (Postmark Date)

03/06/06 NOA2 Official Date (Printed on NOA2)

Never touched just Approved (Aprox 85-90 days depending on which days you count from)

3/20/06 NVC.... Received Processing

3/21/06 NVC Mailed to B.C. Consulate

3/24/06 I emailed consulate asking where is packet 3?

4/03/06 Consulate responded to my email saying packet 3 was mailed 3/23/06 and consulate attached packet 3 so I faxed DS230 and requested interview date asap

4/5/06 Medical (booked two weeks previous)

4/6/06 Consulate phoned to say received fax and booked interview

5/5/06 Interview in Vancouver - Approved!

5/9/06 Drove to Seattle then flew to Tampa - Yay welcome back 'home'

mid July - got married

early August - sent AOS/EAD applications

08/14/06 NOA for AOS/EAD

08/22/06 RFE - sent more financial info (most they already had, but we resent anyway)

09/09/06 - Biometrics

09/11/06 -NOA - transferred to California Service Center

10/16/06 - Approved without interview!!!!! Yay, what a birthday present! (but still no EAD!)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

OK, I know this is a stupid question to some, but how does one get past immigration if he already was deported?

Is he planning on sneaking on a ship or what?

How does one get to come back to your Country after ALREADY breaking the laws for 10 years.

This post is going to make alot of wonderful women on here pissed that are waiting SO VERY LONG to get their husbands here the legal way. Mary being one of them. She hasnt seen her husband for a LONG time, this to me is just NOT FAIR. She needs her husband here just like the rest of us. She misses him and so do her children. (F)

Why would you even mention this on a public forum.

Most people that break laws are sneaky and keep there illegal ####### to themselves.

I think this is one time that you should have zipped your lips.

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.