Statebriga

Mistake on approval letter. Misspelled last name + my timeline after 2 interviews.

3 posts in this topic

Mistake on approval letter.
They misspelled my last name, one letter. 
Did anyone have the same thing happen? Does this mean my green card will come with error? 
Should i call them or do something? Any advice?

To share my experience 
filled august 2018 jointly, quite a bit of evidence
2019 RFE

2020 Interview Cancelled due to covid
2020 oct interview.. Terrible officer, answered correctly all answers kept ######## how she doesn't see enough proves.. We asked her to separate us and question us if needed, we have nothing to hide, i told her my father just passed away, id really need to visit my home country .. she literally rolled her eyes, and said uve been only waiting little bit over 2 more years, you can wait few more months... 
2021 june interview no.2, expected rough stokes interview, however older Chinese gentleman was like idk why these young officers are playing sherlock holmes, look how much evidences u got(literally 3 feet of evidence sitting in front of him about 30lbs), i brought about 2 feet of papers more lol, he is like move that away, i don't even wanna be looking at more papers, i was going thru this whole morning., i am not even gonna ask u anything.. Approved me and sent me home.

Moral of the story, our lives depend a lot on mood of officers, their experience or lack of it, etc.. it sad that some of shittiest IO are immigrants which you'd expect would have understanding for us but its quite opposite.. 
If you are worried,  I've researched like crazy for years, worst case scenario you get denied, it's relatively easy to get approved at immigration court.. So good luck everyone, hopefully you guys wont experience unnecessary anxiety, depression, anger and everything else..
Also i didn't need lawyer, but lawyers are really useful, they know how to present everything for u in front of officers, and some ###### officers will be less likely to abuse you if there is lawyer in the room. I took lawyer to second interview but not to first one, because i was afraid ill have evil IO again, but i was super lucky...

Goodluck everyone.
I was in so much pain, I honestly tell you i finally feel like a happy, relieved person, i know some people dont take this hard as i did, but for me it was absolute nightmare and turned my life into hell. 

Edited by Ryan H
Reason for edit: to remove profanity

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.