amrssnowangel

INTERESTING WAYS TO PASS TIME

48 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi All,

Since we are all in the waiting game, I thought I'd start a thread on interesting things we have done...or do to pass the time till our loved ones can be with us. I thought we could include things we've done for our SO's or things at home we do to just simply pass the time waiting on visas. I personally write my SO every few days and once a month send him a "care package" with homebaked goods (they actually survived well), cards and things that smell like me. I also take pictures of the area I live in and send them to him and his parents, so they can SEE where he will be living before he comes. I find that it helps make him a part of my day. I take pictures of my home, my neighborhood, when I go shopping of the stores, the roads, the lakes, scenes from the area. I live in a historical area so it makes it interesting to take a pic of something with history then write a bit about it to send him.

What have others done to pass time? Or what ideas do you have that can help us bridge the gap??

Salam Alaikum

Faith

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

What a cool thread!

Okay, I have read everything I can find about being a muslims wife.

I have read about the culture, and the country as a whole.

I have read and read about the visa process.

I have taken pictures of the area I live in.

I have "warned" him about the differences betweed here and his country.

I have taken pictures of my sons and sent to him and his family.

My life has been blessed with the love of 4 of the sweetest men in the world. James, Jonathan, Nicolas, and Islam, my sons and my S/O.

OPSSSSSSS I DID IT AGAIN!

Timeline
What a cool thread!

Okay, I have read everything I can find about being a muslims wife.

I have read about the culture, and the country as a whole.

I have read and read about the visa process.

I have taken pictures of the area I live in.

I have "warned" him about the differences betweed here and his country.

I have taken pictures of my sons and sent to him and his family.

I've read so much my eyes need bifocals now!!! LOL. I have loved learning about Islam and the culture. I've planned a trip in the end of August, so that helps to. Im in the process of thinking of new things to do to keep our bond strong and interesting.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Basically cleaning. lol.

I have so much clutter it's not even funny. I tackled under my bed this past week. Now it's on to the closet. Hopefully by the time he gets here my home will be clutter free!

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Scrapbooking and card making while working a full-time and a part-time job. I had to channel my energies elsewhere.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

A few weeks after I left, he and his brother split the costs on a computer, web cam, and internet service at their house! I'm sure the cyber owner wasn't too happy about losing his best customer, but that gave us the chance to chat for about 3-4 hours a day during the week, and about 6 hours a day on the weekend. So, that's pretty much all we both did while waiting! :)

timeline doesn't matter.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I don't remember doing anything different in particular. Although we were lucky to only be separated for about 5 months. He was not very internet savvy at that point, so we didn't chat or anything like that.

I was able to catch up on a lot of American TV and movies that I had missed though after being out of the country for 3 years. That was crucial for me. :)

I organized the whole house, threw away the clutter, gave away stuff the whole 9 yards. (yet I find myself still doing it today :blink: ). I repainted the living room, dining room an kitchen. And spent A LOT of time here on VJ...A lot may be an understatement :blush:

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Timeline

I didn't really do anything different either. We spoke daily on the phone and occasionally online.

For those of you who are still waiting, I know how rough it is but believe me when I say as soon as your SO gets here the bad memories of waiting will fade quickly. Moh and I will talk about how it doesn't seem like it took that long once everything was said and done.

I don't remember doing anything different in particular. Although we were lucky to only be separated for about 5 months. He was not very internet savvy at that point, so we didn't chat or anything like that.

I was able to catch up on a lot of American TV and movies that I had missed though after being out of the country for 3 years. That was crucial for me. :)

Timeline
I didn't really do anything different either. We spoke daily on the phone and occasionally online.

For those of you who are still waiting, I know how rough it is but believe me when I say as soon as your SO gets here the bad memories of waiting will fade quickly. Moh and I will talk about how it doesn't seem like it took that long once everything was said and done.

We talk alot online to. Since he now has DSL at home he stays logged in, so when we have things to do at home, its like doing them together. I haven't started to clear out the clutter yet, but that is on the agenda. Im going to go crazy with waiting. I keep checking to see if the timelines have changed or if there is any new news. I feel obsessive compulsive over it. And we JUST filed last month...we have a long wait yet ahead. I think my next project will be to compile a music cd of our favorite music. Both mine and his and make a copy for us both. Anyone else have projects they work on to send their loved one????

Timeline
I didn't have much clutter since #1 I'm a minimalist ( I HATE clutter and dust collectors) and #2 I had only been in my apt. for a year before Moh got here. I cleared everything out the weekend before he got here while doing my usual cleaning.

Moody,

How did u find it going through Cairo? Anything to watch for? Im so nervous. I've been married before and we have an age gap (he is significantly younger than me) but 4 years of proven relationship. I know we have a few red flags...but how was it for you? How was the interview?

My husband's interview went well but he got tied up in security checks and AP. Cairo seems to be changing procedures lately. It's hard to tell if age gaps and other red flags are the causes of long AP/ARs. There are ppl going through Cairo who have had minimal age gaps (like myself) and very few red flags but still have longish AP/AR. There are others who breeze right through. I suppose only Cairo knows why Cairo does what it does.

Same. I think the only thing I did differently was spend more time on the computer using skype and more money on calling cards. We did long distance for about a year (but saw each other about every two months) and it took about two months to get our visa, so we didn't really have it that bad. I ordered a lot more take out food before he came. I spent a ton of time with my friends. I visited my grand parents in florida. Mostly I just tried to keep busy because i found that when i sat around the house the time passed much much slower.

When he came, i shoved some of my clothes over in the drawers. I might have cleaned. I can't remember. I did get my old desktop computer from high school out and set it up for him so he'd have his own computer and not have to use mine (he likes to use the computer and eat at the same time and it just drives me NUTS). Then my brother gave him his old laptop and xbox so he was alllllllllll set.

I cook allot and try to learn new recipes. I always feed my first batch of experimental dish to my little brother and if he gives it the green light then I make it for my whole family. LOL He knows hes my kitchen lab rat LOL Im going to miss him when he moves out in Oct. Im going to have to find a new person to feed my expirements to. Sigh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.