Curiosity68

Next step after getting noa for aos from k1 visa,

6 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Curiosity68 said:

What is the next step after getting noa for aos from k1 visa, do I schedule myown biometrics or does uscis do it for me own biometrics appointment? If I have to do it myself then what is the appropriate time for it?

What do you mean?  You've applied to adjust status?  Or you've already adjusted?

2 minutes ago, Curiosity68 said:

Sent in my aos package and received noa....

Ah, okay.  You should do your timeline for best info here.

I assume you also applied for AP/EAD combo card?  At some point, you will be notified of an appointment for biometrics, and then after that you will receive your combo card.   The timeframe for that seems to be 6-10 months at the moment.  

Timeframe for AOS interviews varies widely, based on which local field office is yours (hence the timeline importance).  You can look it up on USCIS.gov.  Ours (Seattle) took 14 months.  Luckily, my husband had his combo card 4.5 months in, so he could work.  This was prior to COVID.  Good luck!

Just now, Jorgedig said:

Ah, okay.  You should do your timeline for best info here.

I assume you also applied for AP/EAD combo card?  At some point, you will be notified of an appointment for biometrics, and then after that you will receive your combo card.   The timeframe for that seems to be 6-10 months at the moment.  

Timeframe for AOS interviews varies widely, based on which local field office is yours (hence the timeline importance).  You can look it up on USCIS.gov.  Ours (Seattle) took 14 months.  Luckily, my husband had his combo card 4.5 months in, so he could work.  This was prior to COVID.  Good luck!

Thanks a lot for the detailed response, I guess we just wait for the notice for biometrics appointment. Yes,I have applied for EAD AND AP COMBO TOO,was just curious about the next steps we needed to take, if any.

3 minutes ago, Curiosity68 said:

Thanks a lot for the detailed response, I guess we just wait for the notice for biometrics appointment. Yes,I have applied for EAD AND AP COMBO TOO,was just curious about the next steps we needed to take, if any.

Ah, got it.  The next step is definitely biometrics.   If you live in a jurisdiction without a long queue for AOS interviews, you could even be scheduled for your interview prior to that.   

Good luck, and please check back to update to help others!

Edited by Jorgedig

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.