Paul&Anna

Kiev Embassy interview wait and scheduling.

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My wife has been document-ally qualified since April 29th. The NVC hasn’t scheduled an interview at the Embassy yet. How long are people waiting for Kiev? Also I keep reading about other people scheduling their own interview? How is this? I called the NVC and they said that is impossible. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 6/5/2021 at 2:20 AM, VitaliyMV said:

you are assigned an interview by the embassy.  this month you should receive an interview letter with the date of the interview (I think so)

How about IR5 visas? My parents have been DQ'ed July 2020 and still no update... Also in Kiev/Kyiv...

Timeline
7 hours ago, VitaliyMV said:

In april 41 visa issued ir5 in Kyiv ( this is the best considered visa i think it will be fast)

2A642303-EF74-46CB-8EEE-8AE105229DE6.png

Thank you, Vitaliy. Spasibo ogomnoe, shiro diakuyu.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
14 hours ago, VitaliyMV said:

In april 41 visa issued ir5 in Kyiv ( this is the best considered visa i think it will be fast)

2A642303-EF74-46CB-8EEE-8AE105229DE6.png

Is there a list like this for CR1?

Timeline
7 hours ago, VitaliyMV said:

The same 

EB318D9B-E73A-478D-9215-AB442D5ECE5E.jpeg

Vitaliy do you know by any chance if embassies are scheduling appointments once a month (for the next month), or do they do it on a daily basis?

Just curious because I saw lots of people on VisaJourney reporting that they got interview letters and it all seemed to happen during a span of couple days. And now it has been quiet for a week or two.

So I guess I am trying to understand is that because they schedule in waves (like once a month or every couple weeks) or is it just a constant slow pace at which we are going.

Timeline

Last week got an automated email that my cases (two) interview got cancelled. But we never got it scheduled in the first place. So after talking to NVC on the phone they told me that a generic email of interview cancellation happens whenever cases are being actively worked on. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing given that we were DQ'ed in July 2020. But we are remaining as hopeful as we can.

Timeline
On 6/14/2021 at 2:15 PM, StaGor said:

Last week got an automated email that my cases (two) interview got cancelled. But we never got it scheduled in the first place. So after talking to NVC on the phone they told me that a generic email of interview cancellation happens whenever cases are being actively worked on. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing given that we were DQ'ed in July 2020. But we are remaining as hopeful as we can.

Well we got an email today for each case saying that an expedite request has been approved and cases are to be transferred to KYIV consulate.

We haven't requested expedite processing, not that I am complaining about it.

Timeline

Scheduled both interviews for June 29th. The only thing is my current address has changed, but hopefully an officer will be able to update that in the system. Not my fault NVC took so long.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.