Karim2018

Touris visa for In-laws - When Will Casablance Resume B1/B2 Visa Processing?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Guys/Gals- I have filled-out and submitted two "Tourist Visa" applications for my in-laws, but I'm told that the US Consulate in Casablanca is NOT currently processing tourist Visas! Does anyone know when will they resume processing B1/B2 Visas again in Casablanca? BTW, the applications have been submitted, but my in-laws have not yet paid the fees! Is it better or recommended that they pay the fees now or should they wait till the consulate resumes setting up interviews for B1/B2 Visas? Knowing that their applications will expire after 1 year. Thank you in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Casablanca approved 263 B1/B2 visas in  April (latest updates from https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Non-Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyNIVIssuances/APRIL 2021 - NIV Issuances by Post and Visa Class.p)   so i don't know who told you Casa wasn't doing tourist visas but if you do not pay the fee ,  you will not be able to make an appointment when a space opens up

There are restrictions as noted from embassy as the country still has not offically opened the borders 

Read the entire site about this 

https://ma.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

Part of it says the following but read it all from above post

• Commercial transportation to/from Morocco and the United States is currently available.  Authorities could put into place new flight restrictions with little notice.  It may be difficult to enter or leave Morocco and travelers should expect delays entering Morocco and/or returning to the United States.
  • Travelers entering Morocco by air must present negative test results from a PCR test carried out less than 72 hours before boarding.  Children under the age of 11 are exempt from this requirement.
  • There are currently direct flights between Morocco and the United States on Royal Air Maroc (RAM) between Casablanca (CMN) and New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), as well as Casablanca and Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD).  There are also flights between Casablanca and Montreal, Canada, but there are no regular flights to/from Europe at this time. 

Parents show have made their own application as they will have to show monies to travel (on their own),  they have strong ties to return to Morocco as own property and have a job and other country ties

Timeline
4 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Casablanca approved 263 B1/B2 visas in  April (latest updates from https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Non-Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyNIVIssuances/APRIL 2021 - NIV Issuances by Post and Visa Class.p)   so i don't know who told you Casa wasn't doing tourist visas but if you do not pay the fee ,  you will not be able to make an appointment when a space opens up

There are restrictions as noted from embassy as the country still has not offically opened the borders 

Read the entire site about this 

https://ma.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

Part of it says the following but read it all from above post

• Commercial transportation to/from Morocco and the United States is currently available.  Authorities could put into place new flight restrictions with little notice.  It may be difficult to enter or leave Morocco and travelers should expect delays entering Morocco and/or returning to the United States.
  • Travelers entering Morocco by air must present negative test results from a PCR test carried out less than 72 hours before boarding.  Children under the age of 11 are exempt from this requirement.
  • There are currently direct flights between Morocco and the United States on Royal Air Maroc (RAM) between Casablanca (CMN) and New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), as well as Casablanca and Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD).  There are also flights between Casablanca and Montreal, Canada, but there are no regular flights to/from Europe at this time. 

Parents show have made their own application as they will have to show monies to travel (on their own),  they have strong ties to return to Morocco as own property and have a job and other country ties

Thank you for your prompt response! I've actually called the US Consulate in Morocco (3 weeks ago),  and was told that they're not possessing B1/B2 Visas, but they could not give me an ETA! Furthermore, the following website: https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ma/index.html (click on the 1st link and read the last sentence in the 1st paragraph) clearly states that Casablanca is not processing B1/B2 Visas!

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Karim2018 said:

Thank you for your prompt response! I've actually called the US Consulate in Morocco (3 weeks ago),  and was told that they're not possessing B1/B2 Visas, but they could not give me an ETA! Furthermore, the following website: https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ma/index.html (click on the 1st link and read the last sentence in the 1st paragraph) clearly states that Casablanca is not processing B1/B2 Visas!

then you know how to get this info from the site and you realize the embassy will post when they again start to interview B1/B2 visas but understand the fee should be paid as soon as parents can pay it,  as the spaces for interviews for tourist visa are just 10 minutes apart and when they post a page for schedulng them , it fills up fast (very fast)

US embassy can't give u an ETA as Morocco keeps opening and closing borders and still has a curfew 

follow the Moroccan news as that tells you a lot   / we keep posted as my husband has Air France tickets to visit in July so let me know if you learn anything as that would be greatly appreciated

Timeline
52 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

then you know how to get this info from the site and you realize the embassy will post when they again start to interview B1/B2 visas but understand the fee should be paid as soon as parents can pay it,  as the spaces for interviews for tourist visa are just 10 minutes apart and when they post a page for schedulng them , it fills up fast (very fast)

US embassy can't give u an ETA as Morocco keeps opening and closing borders and still has a curfew 

follow the Moroccan news as that tells you a lot   / we keep posted as my husband has Air France tickets to visit in July so let me know if you learn anything as that would be greatly appreciated

Noted. Thank you!

Timeline

Follow-up question...

Okay, I've filled out two DS-160 apps for my in-laws, but is it better to add both of them as "group" when trying to pay a fee (i.e. fee x 2) and schedule an Appt. for the two of them? Also if so, will their interview be conducted separately still?

Thanks!

Edited by Karim2018

Timeline
On 5/31/2021 at 12:35 PM, JeanneAdil said:

Update: Today the US Consulate at Casablanca announced that they're now processing B1/B2 Visas! Earliest available appointment at this time is mid-Oct! Good luck to ALL! Open first link and read end of paragraph 1: https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ma/index.html

Edited by Karim2018

Timeline
2 hours ago, Karim2018 said:

Update: Today the US Consulate at Casablanca announced that they're now processing B1/B2 Visas! Earliest available appointment at this time is mid-Oct! Good luck to ALL! Open first link and read end of paragraph 1: https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ma/index.html

thank you 

we wanted to apply for his mom just a tourist not a family green card

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 6/3/2021 at 3:27 PM, JeanneAdil said:

thank you 

we wanted to apply for his mom just a tourist not a family green card

Same here. My in-laws now an appointment in Oct. Good luck to all :)

Timeline
9 hours ago, Karim2018 said:

Same here. My in-laws now an appointment in Oct. Good luck to all :)

Have u applied 

Adil is going to apply for mom soon and can we apply before October?

Do we have to wait till then to make the application?

Timeline
17 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

Have u applied 

Adil is going to apply for mom soon and can we apply before October?

Do we have to wait till then to make the application?

Yes we have. We filed the application on May 1st, but we didn't pay till a month later (mistake). By that time the 1st available appointment was in Oct! So yes, I would apply first, get a confirmation and pay the fees, so you can schedule the interview ASAP. Good Luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.