Sharmarine

Proof of Relationship evidence for interview.

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm very confused (although I really shouldn't be) in regards to using chat screenshots and photos as proof of relationship, for my upcoming interview. Do I only need to provide proof of an ONGOING relationship (such as from the time our petition was filed - or approved by USCIS), or does it need to be from the beginning and up to the present time? Also, just how many screenshots should I really use? I have taken so many, that I just can't decide which would be best 😒 Do they need captions to describe what the conversations are about?  Photos - I really don't have very many of my partner and I together, and the only more recent ones have been taken during our videochats. So I guess that I can only use what I have. Do they need captions too? I have been spending so much time in trying to collate both chat screenshots and photos into a presentable format, and failing terribly, while becoming very downhearted as a result. I've tried using Microsoft Word, but my skills in that program are very minimal, same for creating a PDF file. So now I'm trying Canva, results are yet to be determined. So, what is the better way to do this? 

I apologise for the many questions, it really is easier I know, than what my mind is making it out to be. There's just a lot that I'm having to deal with right now, that I'm not really able to understand some things as clearly as I ought to.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

best evidence is time together like your boarding passes and photos of the 2 of you together 

since this is Australia and not a high fraud country,  you are over thinking this

Relax and go with what you've got and the documents  that they ask for 

the original birth certificate

the criminal report

the medical exam 

most embassies don't look at extra chats, etc but take them as it shows u are prepared to show them if needed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

best evidence is time together like your boarding passes and photos of the 2 of you together 

since this is Australia and not a high fraud country,  you are over thinking this

Relax and go with what you've got and the documents  that they ask for 

the original birth certificate

the criminal report

the medical exam 

most embassies don't look at extra chats, etc but take them as it shows u are prepared to show them if needed

Thankyou! That has helped to ease my mind. I am not normally such an over-thinker. Yesterday I came up with a mantra for myself...simplify not complicate. So that's what I've got to adhere to. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.