Macconet

Just sent DS-260, should i send documentation?

13 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hello,

My case number is 2021AS11XXX, I sent the DS-260 last week, I am aware that it is super late in the process now, and was wondering if I should go ahead and send the documents right away now? or if I should give it some time to get the request from KCC for documents?

I would appreciate your input. 

Thank you,

Yes, go ahead and send. I presume you have seen the news about the low priority being accorded DV visas in the current prioritization of visas as embassies deal with backlogs.

Curious, what country are you chargeable to? Are you planning on doing your interview in Montreal?

Ok. Montreal has a low number of DV cases so hopefully they will be able to fit you in despite the late submission and priority tiering. With submission of docs now, you would be looking at an august or September interview. I think though to be realistic, you will have to acknowledge that there is a chance you will not get an interview. Good luck, I hope it works out.

Timeline
On 5/4/2021 at 7:52 AM, SusieQQQ said:

Ok. Montreal has a low number of DV cases so hopefully they will be able to fit you in despite the late submission and priority tiering. With submission of docs now, you would be looking at an august or September interview. I think though to be realistic, you will have to acknowledge that there is a chance you will not get an interview. Good luck, I hope it works out.

Hey Susie, just in case, that would be best case scenario as I have sent my DS-260 over a month ago and haven't heard back yet. I know you said that some people have heard back a week after sending their DS-260 though so I guess it's a lottery within a lottery at this point :D

EB-3 application failed in 2019 (Ability to pay)

DV Winner: 2021EU00025XXX

1 hour ago, puda said:

Hey Susie, just in case, that would be best case scenario as I have sent my DS-260 over a month ago and haven't heard back yet. I know you said that some people have heard back a week after sending their DS-260 though so I guess it's a lottery within a lottery at this point :D

Well - I thought seeing as those were last two months of the FY and other option is no interview I thought that was obvious as best case ;) but sure fine to clarify.  I think the week response was an OC case and OC 2NLs are going out right now for June interviews - looks like all of Sydney, Auckland and Suva are getting scheduled -  so I wonder if they are prioritizing according to which embassies have told them they have capacity for interviews? That would kinda make sense. 

Its always a lottery within a lottery.. just the sub lottery is on different factors this year. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline

Ha, no idea on the prioritization. I have read that a bunch of people have been receiving their 2NLs yesterday but no data on which region yet nor CNs. We might be able to draw a picture of how it's working in the next month or so.

In any case, keep us posted Macconet :) I am also via MTL.

32 minutes ago, puda said:

Ha, no idea on the prioritization. I have read that a bunch of people have been receiving their 2NLs yesterday but no data on which region yet nor CNs. We might be able to draw a picture of how it's working in the next month or so.

In any case, keep us posted Macconet :) I am also via MTL.

If you look in the OC thread on the other forum there’s been activity reported there. Also just now a note from someone who said MTL has responded to an email saying they are not yet scheduling DV21 cases.

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 5/5/2021 at 2:33 PM, puda said:

That’s correct. I also got a note from them this am.

On 5/5/2021 at 2:26 PM, SusieQQQ said:

If you look in the OC thread on the other forum there’s been activity reported there. Also just now a note from someone who said MTL has responded to an email saying they are not yet scheduling DV21 cases.

Hello Susie, Puda,

Have you guys heard of any new updates on Montreal scheduling diversity visa's? 

Thanks,

Edited by Macconet

Timeline
1 minute ago, puda said:

Nothing at all. They won’t schedule any unless they get a court order that tell them to.

I'm aware that DV visa's were low priority, I wasn't aware that they are not scheduling any at all. Can you elaborate a little on that, pardon my ignorance on this 😅 

Timeline

You can ask the Montreal consulate if you wish. They will tell you that they are not scheduling any DV interviews at the moment. They haven’t since last September. You can also check this website: https://savediversityvisa.org/daily-visa-statistics/

only 21 consulates worldwide aren’t scheduling DV interviews including Montreal.

Edited by puda

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.