mrsaberhagen

Schduelling an interview at London embassy

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
28 minutes ago, al-9000 said:

I also got a response this morning - slightly more helpful than yours (getting a useful reply seems very hit and miss) :

Not sure if you had completed your DS-160 previously?  I haven't yet tried to re-do mine, but if I can then I think everything should be fine.

Yeah that seems more helpful. I completed mine over a year ago so has expired. I'm not sure how I can complete a new one as the case number has expired then?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, al-9000 said:

I also got a response this morning - slightly more helpful than yours (getting a useful reply seems very hit and miss) :

Not sure if you had completed your DS-160 previously?  I haven't yet tried to re-do mine, but if I can then I think everything should be fine.

That’s good information. When you redo the DS-160, keep the new confirmation number for interview  so they access the latest one at the interview. If there are any problems, you may have to use the contact form again to get your case unlocked as indicated in this website FAQ about redoing the DS-260 for spouses. That may just be for editing and not a brand new form from scratch.

You’re a pioneer in post-Covid K1 procedures. 😊

If you have made an error when completing the DS-260 you are required to correct the error and re-transmit it if the error concerns the Background and Security questions or passport number.  Please contact us through our website as we will be required to unlock your case before you can amend the information.  If the error is in the biographic details, you may notify the consular officer on the day of your interview and take no further action.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 hours ago, mrsaberhagen said:

Yeah that seems more helpful. I completed mine over a year ago so has expired. I'm not sure how I can complete a new one as the case number has expired then?

Yes me too - did it Feb 2020. Just go to https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ and start a new DS-160 submission. It asks for the receipt no. from USCIS, not the case number. Although the number format is the same, my receipt no starts WACxxxxxxxxxx, instead of the case no. which starts with LNDxxxxxxxxxx

I just successfully completed a new DS-160 application, to the point of the final review stage. I have not done the sign and submit process yet, but I don't anticipate any issues from here, fingers crossed. (other than the crappy ceac website timeout issues which plagued me throughout - got thrown back to the start/retreive application page about ten times - So save often!)

One small additional point - I've also had to renew my UK passport which I recevied last week, so I submitted the new passport details obviously. You are able to update your passport number on Interview Scheduling portal without issue, just in case anyone was worried.

45 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

You’re a pioneer in post-Covid K1 procedures. 😊

:blush:

Edited by al-9000
passport info

Timeline
On 4/23/2021 at 4:36 PM, al-9000 said:

Hi mrsaberhagen - I am in the same situation as you, also since last March, so understand how completely frustrating this past year has been. I had the medical 3 days before lockdown began.

And after checking almost daily for the past year, I was very relieved to find available appointments - although there were only 3 remaining towards the end of June, I didn't hesitate to to grab one. 

I also have the the CEAC notification that the registration was cancelled - which does still worry me slightly as I've not had confirmation that this just an automated response - it would be great to get clarification on this.

Can I ask, were you advised to get a new Medical, or are you just doing it again to be 100% sure? I tried to get clairty on this from the embassy  but they just pointed me at the FAQ which isn't clear. The FAQ only mentions possible extending medicals for RE-issuing K-1 visas.

For reissuance, you must have your medical redone if it expired. Same for interview. I was waiting for ages but the embassy told me last week I need to book my medical first, then use the form to request my interview once I've attended medical. Hope that helps

Edited by A&D25612

Timeline

As I'm also waiting for a reissuance, I already done my DS160 last year. I can  retrieve my application as I still have my log in details. It doesn't have an expiry date so are you sure we need to reapply ? I can't find anything that says we need to reapply and the embassy hasn't told me anything about it... 😕   All I can find is that the ds160 is valid as long as none of the details have changed (e.g. address) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
12 hours ago, A&D25612 said:

As I'm also waiting for a reissuance, I already done my DS160 last year. I can  retrieve my application as I still have my log in details. It doesn't have an expiry date so are you sure we need to reapply ? I can't find anything that says we need to reapply and the embassy hasn't told me anything about it... 😕   All I can find is that the ds160 is valid as long as none of the details have changed (e.g. address) 

I guess if you completed your DS-160 less than a year ago, then it remains valid and accessible. I could not retrieve my previous one - it kept failing on the security question, even though it was correct.

... and this is what the embassy told me on Monday

Please note that you will be required to complete and submit a new DS-160 as more than a year has passed. You need not be concerned as the new DS-160 will supersede the previous one.

Timeline
On 4/27/2021 at 11:17 AM, al-9000 said:

I guess if you completed your DS-160 less than a year ago, then it remains valid and accessible. I could not retrieve my previous one - it kept failing on the security question, even though it was correct.

... and this is what the embassy told me on Monday

Strange... mine was definitely done over a year ago, yet it let me retrieve it. I was able to book and complete my medical and my interview date. I emailed the embassy for clarity- hopefully they get back to me before my interview! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.