thestas

Toronto US consulate - E2 visa

4 posts in this topic

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi All, 

I was wondering if anyone had any insight when the Toronto consulate will be scheduling interviews for non-immigrant visas? 

I submitted my application in Dec 2020 and my wife (TN Visa) is currently in the US and I have a running business in the US that needs my attention, we have a business in the UK and the US (if that helps).

I was wondering if anyone could provide any advice at this point as If I don't hear anything back by the end of July for the E2 visa, I will need to come up with another plan as I need to get to the US to start running this new business. 

Thanks,
Stas

3 hours ago, thestas said:

Hi All, 

I was wondering if anyone had any insight when the Toronto consulate will be scheduling interviews for non-immigrant visas? 

I submitted my application in Dec 2020 and my wife (TN Visa) is currently in the US and I have a running business in the US that needs my attention, we have a business in the UK and the US (if that helps).

I was wondering if anyone could provide any advice at this point as If I don't hear anything back by the end of July for the E2 visa, I will need to come up with another plan as I need to get to the US to start running this new business. 

Thanks,
Stas

How is it that you have a business in the US without the appropriate visa?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

How is it that you have a business in the US without the appropriate visa?

Anyone from anywhere can start a business in the US without a visa.  There's no visa requirement for a foreign person to start a US business.  Business managers in the US can take care of the business for them.

Coming to live here to run the business requires an appropriate visa.  And that's why he's going for the E2.

Edited by aaron2020

Just now, aaron2020 said:

Anyone from anywhere can start a business in the US without a visa.  There's no visa requirement for a foreign person to start a US business.  

Ah, okay.  Seems strange to do that without being physically present or legally allowed to work and live there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.