csh2020

Expedite Request?

10 posts in this topic

Is it possible to send a second expedite request on a different basis if the first one was denied? Stepkid petitions - IR2 of a UCS. Or expedite requests limited to one? If we were to send a second, would it cause a delay? We have valid reasons but want to make sure that we do things correctly. Thanks for your help. 

Edited by csh2020

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

You can make a second request.

When making the an expedite request, they expect you to put all the reasons why an expedite is necessary.

With a denial for an expedite, additional requests for other reasons will seem like fishing.  

Best of luck.

9 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

You can make a second request.

When making the an expedite request, they expect you to put all the reasons why an expedite is necessary.

With a denial for an expedite, additional requests for other reasons will seem like fishing.  

Best of luck.

The expedite denial was six months ago. The reasons are different (one will be turning 21 in September and the other is five and needs to enroll in school next school year). The first request was over housing (they had to relocate with a family member) and it may not have been as valid of a reason as this one, though I'm unsure.

Again, I do not want to cause a delay in our case by sending out another expedite. If that is a risk, then it would be better to leave it be since we may be getting close to an interview anyway (though there is no way to be certain). Would it be better to wait a little longer? We really don't know what to do. 

Edited by csh2020

3 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

Who's the petitioner?  You or the mother?  Is that person a US citizen or LPR?

Have the separate I-130 for each chid been approved by USCIS?  Have all documents been sent into the NVC visa CEAC?

I am the USC petitioner. The cases have been DQ with NVC since May, 2020. The 20 yo was 17 when we married. All docs were uploaded electronically into CEAC and accepted. We are just waiting for an interview with the Embassy at Santo Domingo, DR..

Edited by csh2020

Timeline
Just now, csh2020 said:

I am the USC petitioner. The cases have been DQ with NVC since May, 2020. The 20 yo was 17 when we married. 

Ok. 

Under CSPA, her age was locked in at 20 for the purpose of the I-130 you filed.  She will not age out when she turns 21, so that is why an expedite is not warranted.  

There's nothing to expedite at this point.  Your stepkids are simply waiting for available interviews.   Which US Embassy/Consulate will they be interviewing at?

6 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

Ok. 

Under CSPA, her age was locked in at 20 for the purpose of the I-130 you filed.  She will not age out when she turns 21, so that is why an expedite is not warranted.  

There's nothing to expedite at this point.  Your stepkids are simply waiting for available interviews.   Which US Embassy/Consulate will they be interviewing at?

Santo Domingo, Dom Rep. I'm thinking we are getting close to an interview anyway and we don't want to seem that we are trying to push.  Our primary concern is that the little one will need to be enrolled in Kindergarten next school year and hopefully she will be here in time for that to happen. 

We would like to know if there is a way to find out which month they are interviewing for in Santo Domingo - that would at least give us a gauge. Is there a way to find out that information? 

Edited by csh2020

Timeline

If you want to make an expedite request for the 5 years old to start the school year, then you need to make an expedite request with the US Embassy in DR.  IMHO, it seems frivolous since practically every  IR-2 under age 18 would need an expedite.

The 20 years old would not qualify for an expedite for her 5 years old sibling.  

IMHO, you can't do much of anything except wait.  

6 hours ago, csh2020 said:

Santo Domingo, Dom Rep. I'm thinking we are getting close to an interview anyway and we don't want to seem that we are trying to push.  Our primary concern is that the little one will need to be enrolled in Kindergarten next school year and hopefully she will be here in time for that to happen. 

We would like to know if there is a way to find out which month they are interviewing for in Santo Domingo - that would at least give us a gauge. Is there a way to find out that information? 

You are close to getting your interview letter, I have seen IR and CR cases with  DQ May-June 2020 getting their IL this month in Santo Domingo.

Good luck

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
7 hours ago, csh2020 said:

The expedite denial was six months ago. The reasons are different (one will be turning 21 in September and the other is five and needs to enroll in school next school year). The first request was over housing (they had to relocate with a family member) and it may not have been as valid of a reason as this one, though I'm unsure.

Again, I do not want to cause a delay in our case by sending out another expedite. If that is a risk, then it would be better to leave it be since we may be getting close to an interview anyway (though there is no way to be certain). Would it be better to wait a little longer? We really don't know what to do. 

I did mine three times and was accepted the third one. You need to have evidence,  i.e medical....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.