msamulski

We have an appointment at a passport office. Will the passport office need to retain the Certificate of Naturalization

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all.

VJ has been a huge help. Thanks to all who have read and replied to our past postings. My wife has now received her Certificate of Naturalization (we used the N-400 to finally make her surname). We now have an appointment at a passport office to apply for US Passports for my wife and her 16 year old son. 

For her son: we will be using his mom's Certificate of Naturalization, our marriage certificate, his Certificate of Birth (abroad), and his green card (we failed to do the I-90 update his green card when he turned 14, but the card indicates that is still valid until 2026).

For my wife we will bring her Certificate of Naturalization (and I don't think anything else for her is required). 

We will also bring photo copies of every document I have listed, DS-11's, and passport photos.

Is the passport office going to need to keep her original Certificate of Naturalization? We will need her original Certificate of Naturalization to pursue her driver's license in June. 

And with her recent change to her surname, I think we may need the original Certificate of Naturalization again when she updates her Social Security info.

Does anyone see a stumble ahead for us? Our appointment with the passport office is next Friday.

Mike

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
48 minutes ago, msamulski said:

Hi all.

VJ has been a huge help. Thanks to all who have read and replied to our past postings. My wife has now received her Certificate of Naturalization (we used the N-400 to finally make her surname). We now have an appointment at a passport office to apply for US Passports for my wife and her 16 year old son. 

For her son: we will be using his mom's Certificate of Naturalization, our marriage certificate, his Certificate of Birth (abroad), and his green card (we failed to do the I-90 update his green card when he turned 14, but the card indicates that is still valid until 2026).

For my wife we will bring her Certificate of Naturalization (and I don't think anything else for her is required). 

We will also bring photo copies of every document I have listed, DS-11's, and passport photos.

Is the passport office going to need to keep her original Certificate of Naturalization? We will need her original Certificate of Naturalization to pursue her driver's license in June. 

And with her recent change to her surname, I think we may need the original Certificate of Naturalization again when she updates her Social Security info.

Does anyone see a stumble ahead for us? Our appointment with the passport office is next Friday.

Mike

The original cert of naturalization will be send together with the passport application.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.