Dfarmer

SLEC Medical Exam Scheduling Question

18 posts in this topic

Hi VJ's,

My son's interview is scheduled April 6 and when he was doing online scheduling the earliest preferred date is April 5.  SLEC emailed me saying they accept walk in but only after all scheduled applicants are done. Having said this, and for those who have experience in doing walk in, is it still advised to go there early (knowing that they will give preference to those who scheduled first? Thank you!

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Dfarmer said:

Hi VJ's,

My son's interview is scheduled April 6 and when he was doing online scheduling the earliest preferred date is April 5.  SLEC emailed me saying they accept walk in but only after all scheduled applicants are done. Having said this, and for those who have experience in doing walk in, is it still advised to go there early (knowing that they will give preference to those who scheduled first? Thank you!

Please check SLEC online appointment site from time to time because there are some dates that free up (maybe the one who scheduled an appointment canceled). If he is lucky, he can get a schedule late March 🙂

3 hours ago, Dfarmer said:

Hi VJ's,

Hello,

Did you still submit your registration online? How did you contact SLMC? I tried all the phone numbers online but all of them doesn’t work. 

My husband’s interview is on April 5. The earliest date online for medical is April 7.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Dfarmer said:

Hi VJ's,

Hi!

I had my medical in St Lukes Feb 18, 2021 and my interviee date was March 4.  I tried to register to their website but the earliest was March 2 which I did not want coz I think it was too close and there are what ifs scenario that might happen.  I called them and the operator said that walk-in is fine, medical should be done 1-2 weeks before the interview date.  

Went in there Feb 18 with my toddler.  The guards at the entrance are very accommodating.   I brought with me my passport, 2x2 passport size copies (4pieces), my DS 160, the email sent my the embassy manila regarding my interview date.  They'll let you in after signing a health declaration form. They will give you a number which will be for registration to be done by their staff and you will be asked to go first to their photobooth, an ID to be taken for their file.  Then after your registration, they will ask you where to go.  You don't have to be early. We went there 9AM or 10AM. Just ask around most of them are helpful especially the ones who are wearing yellow uniform (cleaning the floor and spraying all the time)

6 hours ago, Lyn84 said:

Hi!

I had my medical in St Lukes Feb 18, 2021 and my interviee date was March 4.  I tried to register to their website but the earliest was March 2 which I did not want coz I think it was too close and there are what ifs scenario that might happen.  I called them and the operator said that walk-in is fine, medical should be done 1-2 weeks before the interview date.  

Went in there Feb 18 with my toddler.  The guards at the entrance are very accommodating.   I brought with me my passport, 2x2 passport size copies (4pieces), my DS 160, the email sent my the embassy manila regarding my interview date.  They'll let you in after signing a health declaration form. They will give you a number which will be for registration to be done by their staff and you will be asked to go first to their photobooth, an ID to be taken for their file.  Then after your registration, they will ask you where to go.  You don't have to be early. We went there 9AM or 10AM. Just ask around most of them are helpful especially the ones who are wearing yellow uniform (cleaning the floor and spraying all the time)

Hi, 

Did you finish the medical in 1 day? Thank you!

7 hours ago, jdreyes said:

Hi, 

Did you finish the medical in 1 day? Thank you!

Yes you can finish your medical in 1 day as long as no problem in your X-ray. Or else you need to undergo for 3 days sputum test if they find something in your X-ray. Good luck!

3 hours ago, Lola Lolo said:

Yes you can finish your medical in 1 day as long as no problem in your X-ray. Or else you need to undergo for 3 days sputum test if they find something in your X-ray. Good luck!

Thank you! I hope everything will be okay. We're gonna do walk in too since there are no other dates online. 😬

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 3/19/2021 at 2:43 AM, Immigirl22 said:

I just checked, March 23 is open.

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 5.42.17 PM.png

Do you have to have a confirmed interview at the Embassy before being able to make a SLEC appointment online?

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 hours ago, Trompie said:

Do you have to have a confirmed interview at the Embassy before being able to make a SLEC appointment online?

No, I think it is fine and they will ask you to sign a waiver.

On 3/19/2021 at 8:53 PM, jdreyes said:

Thank you! I hope everything will be okay. We're gonna do walk in too since there are no other dates online. 😬

Your welcome.. Base on my experience in SLEC some applicants they do walk in too and got their medical results in the afternoon if no problem.. Go go go! 😃

On 3/20/2021 at 5:10 PM, Trompie said:

The medical is good for 6 months, meaning 6 months from the completion of the medical, your fiance needs to enter the US as that will be the visa expiration date.  

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

7 hours ago, Lola Lolo said:

Your welcome.. Base on my experience in SLEC some applicants they do walk in too and got their medical results in the afternoon if no problem.. Go go go! 😃

Hello, my husband went yesterday and had to go back today. But its all done. They said they’ll send everything to the embassy. Unlike before when we did our medical exam, we had our xray films with us 😅

7 hours ago, Lola Lolo said:

Did they give you any results after the medical exam? 😅

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.