Belaskova

Pending AOS (EAD & AP approved) - FAFSA Financial Aid

5 posts in this topic

The issue is. According to financial aid.gov, you are eligible under non-citizen if you have a i-94 that says ‘paroled’ for a year and if you are in US with intention to become Permanent resident or USC. Combo card is an advanced paroled document and should be enough to determine eligibility along with 485’s i797. I honestly don’t want to travel during covid19, risk my life and make a re-entry just get i-94 that says parolee. So the Question is, has there anybody else got approved financial aid on pending aos since on the combo card it says “serves as I-512 Advance Parole”?

I will receive my EAD shorty and I was looking at job at Starbucks since they will pay your tuition - but without first applying the Fafsa they won’t pay your tuition. That is why I am trying to find a ways if I am even eligible or not.

Btw on their website it also says “
To qualify for federal student aid, certain eligible noncitizens must be able to provide evidence from the USCIS that they are in the United States for other than a temporary purpose with the intention of becoming a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.” (As showed in the pictures)

I will be happy for any advices! Thank you :)

24DD9CD7-5D5D-4927-BD53-CE38F06EDB36.png

23F9B42F-3670-49B9-A0F5-032D94FEFC45.jpeg

Edited by Belaskova

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Moving to American and Your NEw Life, from Working and Traveling - as the topic of college comes up often here.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

• 8 months later...
6 minutes ago, sushiS2 said:

Hello! Were you able to figure out this problem?

I am in the same situation with you now, and I was curious if you were able to get the financial aid eventually.

Thank you!

Hi! Unfortunately I wasn’t.

I don’t know which state you live in, but I am in WA state and they changed the law for in-state tuition in July 2021 so thanks to that law (https://www.whatcom.edu/student-services/undocumented-students/sb-5194) I just enrolled for Winter 2022 quarter finally for in-state tuition while I am waiting for my GC!!! So at least that than paying the international student tuition..

Edited by Belaskova
Adding info

8 minutes ago, Belaskova said:

Hi! Unfortunately I wasn’t.

I don’t know which state you live in, but I am in WA state and they changed the law for in-state tuition in July 2021 so thanks to that law (https://www.whatcom.edu/student-services/undocumented-students/sb-5194) I just enrolled for Winter 2022 quarter finally for in-state tuition while I am waiting for my GC!!! So at least that than paying the international student tuition..

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear you couldn't get the financial aid.

Did you try to apply for FAFSA and Did your school deny it?

If you don't mind me asking, I will really appreciate it if you can let me know what happened with that!

I am trying to submit the FAFSA and talk to my school about it, but not so sure :(

And I go to a Private university, so I can't get the in-state tuition :(

But it's okay! Thank you anyways and I hope your GC process is going well so far!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.