paigep

IR1 Visa Interview Timeline

8 posts in this topic

My husband and I had all of our forms and fees accepted from the NVC in September and we have been waiting to get an interview scheduled since then. Our interview will be in Santo Domingo, DR. Does anyone know of a timeline that we could follow? Also, do I (the petitioner) need to be present for the interview? Thanks! 

Be prepared to wait over a year or more.  The Embassy has been closed for almost a year for Routine visa service which your IR1 visa falls into.   Only way people are progressing to interview  is if they have a "emergency" or "Humanitarian" Reason so there isn't a good timeline for you to follow.

Also You don't have to be there for the interview 

• 4 weeks later...

They have been issuing IR1/CR1 visas throughout the pandemic. They issued over 200 each month since September. At this point they have started interviewing cases approved In April and May. We had all docs approved Sept 2, Santo Domingo and are hoping to have the interview in the next 3-4 mos. Dont believe the embassy website. go here and you can see the monthly visas issued by country

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/immigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-immigrant-visa-issuances.html

Edited by C & D Guerrero

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2021 at 10:48 PM, C & D Guerrero said:

They have been issuing IR1/CR1 visas throughout the pandemic. They issued over 200 each month since September. At this point they have started interviewing cases approved In April and May. We had all docs approved Sept 2, Santo Domingo and are hoping to have the interview in the next 3-4 mos. Dont believe the embassy website. go here and you can see the monthly visas issued by country

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/immigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-immigrant-visa-issuances.html

When you say cases approved, are you referring to documentarily qualified with NVC? Ours was documentarily approved in May 2020. 

Edited by csh2020

19 minutes ago, csh2020 said:

When you say cases approved, are you referring to documentarily qualified with NVC? Ours was documentarily approved in May 2020. 

Yes DQ Sept 2020

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2021 at 8:07 AM, csh2020 said:

How do you know that they were scheduling interviews for DQ cases in April and May? Where can I find updated information as to where they are on the timeline? Thanks for your help.

CH

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 hours ago, csh2020 said:

How do you know that they were scheduling interviews for DQ cases in April and May? Where can I find updated information as to where they are on the timeline? Thanks for your help.

CH

Go to PORTALS on top left of this page. You will see people from the same country as you

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2021 at 7:22 PM, csh2020 said:

CH

I watch a lot of lawyers on youtube and instagram that post their interview letters 

check out @tocaviajar on instagram

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.