Mohammed & Mary

Morocco government authorization

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have heard today that the Moroccan government requires that a person needs to have authorization to leave the country. My case is a K-1 Visa. Does anybody know anything about this?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Welcome to the forum!

I'm moving your thread from the broad K-1 Case Progress subforum to the Middle East/North Africa regional forum, where country-specific advice should be forthcoming.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes,  hit the word portal above to take you to the Moroccan portal page and read the post by Fatima s&l

they had tickets to fly out and couldn't as they needed a government document to leave

also,,  do not buy a ticket that has a layover in Europe  /  fly direct with Royal Air Morco Casa to JFK in new York city and if you have to change planes , do it there 

you can not fly from Europe to the US on any flight per covid

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Yes,  hit the word portal above to take you to the Moroccan portal page and read the post by Fatima s&l

they had tickets to fly out and couldn't as they needed a government document to leave

also,,  do not buy a ticket that has a layover in Europe  /  fly direct with Royal Air Morco Casa to JFK in new York city and if you have to change planes , do it there 

you can not fly from Europe to the US on any flight per covid

Yes I saw the post. I just need to know more about it. What form is it and where do you get it and what do you need to get it? The post didn't have that information in it

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline
On 1/25/2021 at 11:20 PM, Mohammed & Mary said:

Yes I saw the post. I just need to know more about it. What form is it and where do you get it and what do you need to get it? The post didn't have that information in it

Hello everyone.
My fiancee recently got her K1 visa approved and she was able to leave Morocco and make it here to the U.S.
Let me share our experience:

Due to Covid restrictions, Morrocans require special permission (الترخيص للسفر) to travel out of the country. This is an official letter issued by the local government office (العمالة). The Morrocan beneficiary should apply for this letter immediately after receiving the visa in hand. It may take a few days to receive it. They might demand further evidence beyond the K1 visa. After contacting several VJ members, we heard back that some of them had experienced difficulties obtaining this permission from the local government office. This also happened to my fiancee. They demanded that she show official evidence from the U.S. Government that proves that she is going to the U.S. with the intention of marriage. She tried to explain to them that the K1 visa is exactly this evidence. They did not seem to understand what the K1 visa is. So my fiancee was not successful on her first try.

Other people have reported success by showing a marriage ceremony reservation at a U.S. courthouse. In our case, we did not have this, so my fiancee went back the next day and showed them a printout from the U.S. State Department explaining what a K1 visa is, along with an Arabic translation. They eventually accepted this, along with a copy of the K1 visa and a copy of her DS-160 confirmation page. It took three days and multiple visits to the local governmment office, but my fiancee eventually did receive her permission to travel. Having in hand the K1 visa and this permission to travel (and of course a PCR test for covid), my fiancee was able to leave Morocco without any difficulties or problems at the airport.

I hope this helps.

Timeline
10 hours ago, O & H said:

Hello everyone.
My fiancee recently got her K1 visa approved and she was able to leave Morocco and make it here to the U.S.
Let me share our experience:

Due to Covid restrictions, Morrocans require special permission (الترخيص للسفر) to travel out of the country. This is an official letter issued by the local government office (العمالة). The Morrocan beneficiary should apply for this letter immediately after receiving the visa in hand. It may take a few days to receive it. They might demand further evidence beyond the K1 visa. After contacting several VJ members, we heard back that some of them had experienced difficulties obtaining this permission from the local government office. This also happened to my fiancee. They demanded that she show official evidence from the U.S. Government that proves that she is going to the U.S. with the intention of marriage. She tried to explain to them that the K1 visa is exactly this evidence. They did not seem to understand what the K1 visa is. So my fiancee was not successful on her first try.

Other people have reported success by showing a marriage ceremony reservation at a U.S. courthouse. In our case, we did not have this, so my fiancee went back the next day and showed them a printout from the U.S. State Department explaining what a K1 visa is, along with an Arabic translation. They eventually accepted this, along with a copy of the K1 visa and a copy of her DS-160 confirmation page. It took three days and multiple visits to the local governmment office, but my fiancee eventually did receive her permission to travel. Having in hand the K1 visa and this permission to travel (and of course a PCR test for covid), my fiancee was able to leave Morocco without any difficulties or problems at the airport.

I hope this helps.

Thanks ...my fiance arrived in USA in February 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.