50 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, aaron2020 said:

Please tell us what proof OP needs beyond her children's birth certificates to file I-130 petitions for them?  They're exempt from the financial requirements of the I-864.  

Kids aren't US citizens.  Mom  has been living in Pakistan since age 7 so she doesn't meet the physical presence requirement to pass on US citizenship to her kids.

To be blunt, you are simply wrong on this issue.   

Just trying to explore all options.  No harm in at least reviewing things first...

DISCLAIMER:

NOT A LAWYER.  ADVICE IS GENERAL IN NATURE.  CONSULT AN EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEY (OR MULTIPLE ATTORNEYS) REGARDING YOUR SPECIFIC CASE.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
7 minutes ago, ProbeGT said:

Just trying to explore all options.  No harm in at least reviewing things first...

You're just confusing the OP.  

This is people's lives.  Throwing out things that you don't understand and that are completely wrong does not help anyone.  It makes it worse for them.  So, I disagree with your assessment that there is "no harm."  You are creating a lot of harm by confusing people with wrong information that you don't understand. 

You telling the OP that she can't submit I-130s for her kids because technically you can't file for US citizen beneficiary IS COMPLETELY WRONG.  Her kids have NO CLAIM to US citizenship because she left the US when she was 7 years old.  So, giving that WRONG advice creates a lot of harm.

In fact, filing I-130s for her kids is the BEST way for them to immigrate to the US and gain US citizenship.  COMPLETELY OPPOSITE OF YOUR ADVICE.

Edited by aaron2020

3 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

This is people's lives.  Throwing out things that you don't understand and that are completely wrong does not help anyone.  It makes it worse for them.  So, I disagree with your assessment that there is "no harm."  You are creating a lot of harm by confusing people with wrong information that you don't understand. 

Fair enough.  The intention was to bring up something that may potentially help the OP based on the articles cited (which discuss obscure parts of the INA) not just "throw stuff out there".   Anyways, I will do more research next time. 

Edited by ProbeGT
detail

DISCLAIMER:

NOT A LAWYER.  ADVICE IS GENERAL IN NATURE.  CONSULT AN EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEY (OR MULTIPLE ATTORNEYS) REGARDING YOUR SPECIFIC CASE.

14 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

You telling the OP that she can't submit I-130s for her kids because technically you can't file for US citizen beneficiary IS COMPLETELY WRONG.  Her kids have NO CLAIM to US citizenship because she left the US when she was 7 years old.  So, giving that WRONG advice creates a lot of harm.

In fact, filing I-130s for her kids is the BEST way for them to immigrate to the US and gain US citizenship.  COMPLETELY OPPOSITE OF YOUR ADVICE.

I was mistaken and accept that.  I misunderstood expeditious naturalization and acquisition of citizenship/citizenship by descent. 

Edited by ProbeGT
detail

DISCLAIMER:

8 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

It’s really better to quote the manual and actual laws rather than newspaper articles and lawyer blogs ... especially a lawyer blog that ends with “It was the most complex citizenship case that I had handled in my career, 

Good point.  I should have done more research before posting this. 

OP, please see the other posts, which are applicable to your case.

DISCLAIMER:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.