doufucou

N-400 online problem SPEEDING/PARKING ticket

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Dear all

SOme questions about N-400 filling online. 

I have some speeding ticket and parking ticket for last 5 years.

I have paid the penalty, but do not know which option is pointed on this issue, pls see attachment and help me out of this.

BYW, does anyone know can I leave the USA to travel after I filling the N-400 and befroe my interview? how long I can stay outside of the USA during this period? 

WeChat Screenshot_20210119211343.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline
28 minutes ago, zclbobo said:

Dear all

I have paid the penalty, but do not know which option is pointed on this issue, pls see attachment and help me out of this.

BYW, does anyone know can I leave the USA to travel after I filling the N-400 and befroe my interview? how long I can stay outside of the USA during this period? 

The second question "Have you ever been arrested, cited or detained" the key word there is Cited---- speeding and parking tickets not exceeding $500.....IMO i picked yes even though my one speeding ticket was less than the amount. I included by receipt for payment and driving record ( official record can be obtained from your state DMV website).

Timeline
53 minutes ago, sweetadams said:

The second question "Have you ever been arrested, cited or detained" the key word there is Cited---- speeding and parking tickets not exceeding $500.....IMO i picked yes even though my one speeding ticket was less than the amount. I included by receipt for payment and driving record ( official record can be obtained from your state DMV website).

I just printed out my drive record, there a=is only one on it which I was pulledo ver by the policeman, but not the other 2 which caught by the camera. 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

As mentioned above, you need to select "Yes" to "have you ever been arrested, cited or detained.."  if you have traffic citations. At the end it will ask you to upload proof.

If you have the receipts that shows you've paid the tickets you can upload it along with your driving record or if you don't want to upload you can just mention that you paid the ticket (which is what I did) and take receipts and your driving record to the interview. IO will ask to see proof that you've taken care of the tickets. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, JrGoldMiner said:

As mentioned above, you need to select "Yes" to "have you ever been arrested, cited or detained.."  if you have traffic citations. At the end it will ask you to upload proof.

If you have the receipts that shows you've paid the tickets you can upload it along with your driving record or if you don't want to upload you can just mention that you paid the ticket (which is what I did) and take receipts and your driving record to the interview. IO will ask to see proof that you've taken care of the tickets. 

What if I can not find my receipt of the payment?

Timeline
1 hour ago, zclbobo said:

What if I can not find my receipt of the payment?

If it's within 5 to 10 years you can find the court case record online in clerks/counties website which will say "Paid". Take that print out with you. You may also call them and see if you can get some type of receipt that said you paid for it. 

Anyway, since you already have a certified driving record that could suffice because your license would get suspended in 6-12 months depending on the state for unpaid traffic ticket.

Timeline
9 hours ago, zclbobo said:

Dear all

Why were you arrested, cited, detained, or charged?

WeChat Screenshot_20210121222317.png

Timeline
5 hours ago, JrGoldMiner said:

If it's within 5 to 10 years you can find the court case record online in clerks/counties website which will say "Paid". Take that print out with you. You may also call them and see if you can get some type of receipt that said you paid for it. 

Anyway, since you already have a certified driving record that could suffice because your license would get suspended in 6-12 months depending on the state for unpaid traffic ticket.

What was the outcome or disposition of the arrest, citation, detention, or charge?

For example, no charges filed, charges dismissed, jail, probation, or another outcome.

What should I do, I was  speeding driving at that time , then the policemen come ut and gave me a ticker, then I go home and paid it.

Timeline
9 hours ago, zclbobo said:

Updated:

I have chosen "Have you ever been arrested, CITED, or detained by............" by YES for my traffic ticket. 

Follow up I need to describe the outcome. ANd I really have no idea how to write it, I just pay the penalty after I get to home.

Should I just write "no charges filed"?

001.png.4976b08a532592a7e9b5554db0c34015.png

002.png

Timeline
5 hours ago, JrGoldMiner said:

Thank you very much!!

May I ask If I just paid the ticket immediately, should I just write "no charges filled" in outcomes?

002.png

Timeline

Looks correct the way you have it. Paying the ticket means you accept/acknowledge the citation that you were speeding and paid the penalty. 

Here is what I did and it worked for me. 

Q - Why were you arrested cited, detained, or charged? 

A - Traffic ticket for speeding.

Q - Outcome or disposition of the arrest, citation, detention, or charge (no charges filed, charges dismissed, jail, probation, etc.)

A - I paid the traffic ticket. 

Edited by JrGoldMiner

Timeline
7 hours ago, JrGoldMiner said:

Looks correct the way you have it. Paying the ticket means you accept/acknowledge the citation that you were speeding and paid the penalty. 

Here is what I did and it worked for me. 

Q - Why were you arrested cited, detained, or charged? 

A - Traffic ticket for speeding.

Q - Outcome or disposition of the arrest, citation, detention, or charge (no charges filed, charges dismissed, jail, probation, etc.)

A - I paid the traffic ticket. 

That is very helpful information! Thank you very much!

I have 3 tickets for speeding. The other 2 were caught by a camera, but they are not on my driving record. Do you think I also need to list them or just don't do anything about this? 

Timeline

The consensus among these forums is you don't need to mention parking ticket or camera tickets but take the payment receipt (if you have them) along with driving record with you to the interview just incase. 

I didn't mention any parking/camera tickets as no police officer was involved in issuing a citation.

Good luck to you. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.