25 posts in this topic

Has anyone received IL for CR1/ IR1 in January 2021? I know few people who got IL in December 2020.  It has been frustrating dealing with the embassy as they giving conflicting information when you email them.

Edited by Jay Shah

47 minutes ago, Jay Shah said:

Has anyone received IL for CR1/ IR1 in January 2021? I know few people who got IL in December 2020.  It has been frustrating dealing with the embassy as they giving conflicting information when you email them.

I received today for FEB 01, my DQ was August 14 IR1 Visa

31 minutes ago, thesantina said:

I received today for FEB 01, my DQ was August 14 IR1 Visa

That’s awesome. Please keeps us posted and let us know how your interview goes. Btwn did you expedite?

14 minutes ago, Jay Shah said:

That’s awesome. Please keeps us posted and let us know how your interview goes. Btwn did you expedite?

No I didn't expedite.  I am worried because I have a new passport so I may need to do something else after the interview 

18 minutes ago, thesantina said:

No I didn't expedite.  I am worried because I have a new passport so I may need to do something else after the interview 

Upload the copy of the new passport on CEAC and choose other for documents type. Also lately they have been asking people to resubmit few documents as they can’t find it on CEAC so make sure to take Screen shot of CEAC that shows that you have submitted all the documents you were asked. Also remember to get your Dubai PCC since its only valid for 3 months and upload it on CEAC.

1 hour ago, Jay Shah said:

Upload the copy of the new passport on CEAC and choose other for documents type. Also lately they have been asking people to resubmit few documents as they can’t find it on CEAC so make sure to take Screen shot of CEAC that shows that you have submitted all the documents you were asked. Also remember to get your Dubai PCC since its only valid for 3 months and upload it on CEAC. Also can you confirm if you are UAE residents? Looks like only UAE residents are getting IL.

1 hour ago, Jay Shah said:

I didn't know we could upload documents have DQ. I will do the police report and the medical in the coming week. I am nervous about being refused because my passport expires January and I renewed it in August 

43 minutes ago, thesantina said:

I didn't know we could upload documents have DQ. I will do the police report and the medical in the coming week. I am nervous about being refused because my passport expires January and I renewed it in August 

You can upload documents under ‘other’ category, it’s called backloading. Lot of people who interviews in the MENA countries do that. I uploaded chats and video call logs after I got DQ. So you have two passports? One that you renewed in August and the old one expires in January? Upload the new one on CEAC. It will save you a headache. 

7 minutes ago, Jay Shah said:

You can upload documents under ‘other’ category, it’s called backloading. Lot of people who interviews in the MENA countries do that. I uploaded chats and video call logs after I got DQ. So you have two passports? One that you renewed in August and the old one expires in January? Upload the new one on CEAC. It will save you a headache. 

Ok. I will sort out the PCC, then the Medical this week. I have a call with my lawyer tomorrow,  so I will inquire about backloading. But I will do it either way. I want to be as prepared as I can be. We have two kids and married 4 years almost, do I need to bring proof of relationship to the interview?  Like texts emails pictures? 

42 minutes ago, thesantina said:

Ok. I will sort out the PCC, then the Medical this week. I have a call with my lawyer tomorrow,  so I will inquire about backloading. But I will do it either way. I want to be as prepared as I can be. We have two kids and married 4 years almost, do I need to bring proof of relationship to the interview?  Like texts emails pictures? 

Please do, bring pictures, screenshot of audio and video calls, chats, receipts of gifts you gave to each other, money transfer receipts etc. It’s okay to be over prepared instead of under prepared. Are you a resident of UAE? 

Edited by Jay Shah

8 minutes ago, Jay Shah said:

Please do, bring pictures, screenshot of audio and video calls, chats, receipts of gifts you gave to each other, money transfer receipts etc. It’s okay to be over prepared instead of under prepared. Are you a resident of UAE? 

We are both residents here. We lived 3 years in China together Married after 1st year and 2 years in UAE together. She is here with me and our children. In both countries only I was on the lease because they don't usually allow two people leases. We don't do video calls because we have lived together the whole time but we have texts and emails here and there 

Edited by thesantina

1 minute ago, thesantina said:

We are both residents here. We lived 3 years in China together Married after 1st year and 2 years in UAE together. She is here with me and out children 

Oh ok, you’ll be fine. Just be confident and smile. You know your wife better than anyone, so think of the interview as having a conversation with someone as if you are introducing her. Good luck and keep me posted. 

1 minute ago, Jay Shah said:

Oh ok, you’ll be fine. Just be confident and smile. You know your wife better than anyone, so think of the interview as having a conversation with someone as if you are introducing her. Good luck and keep me posted. 

I'll update this thread as soon as the interview is done. I appreciate your feedback.  You have kinda helped to calm me a bit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.