bandito

Question regarding credit score section of I-944

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, just looking for a little guidance on what to include as evidence regarding my credit report (Part 3, Item 11 of the I-944).

The instructions for the I-944 say:

"If you do not have a credit report or credit score, provide documentation that demonstrates that you do not have a credit report or score with a credit bureau. You may provide evidence of continued payment of bills if there is no credit report or credit score."

I received a letter from a credit company stating that I do not have a credit score/record to include as evidence, as per the instructions. Is it also a requirement for me to include past bills etc. to 'support my claim of creditworthiness'? It says in the instructions 'you may provide evidence..' which implies to me that it is not a requirement, especially since I am able to include documentation that demonstrates that I do not have a credit report. Would I be correct in assuming this? I do not have much to show as evidence of payment of bills since I live with my wife and brother in law who pay the rent, bills and other expenses. Any advice? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Filed: Other Timeline
On 1/21/2021 at 1:51 PM, Yeonju said:

Hi,  

May I ask how did you get a letter from a credit company stating that you don't have a credit score/record? :)

I called TransUnion and of course an automated agent answers. I chose the option that says "DISPUTE". I stayed on the line for about 45 minutes until an agent finally answered. I gave him all the required information and he told me that no record has been found. I asked him to mail me a letter stating no record has been found.

I sure did receive the letter within few days:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.