eirinlinn

Bosnia & Herzegovina thread

29 posts in this topic

On 2/22/2022 at 7:57 AM, Ericka Womack said:

Hello! I had one more question…how long did it take to get the police certificate from the court? Do you remember?

I know for sure it took a couple days not sure exactly which one and how long

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, 

After the case being received by Embassy in Sarajevo, how long does it take for them to scheduled an interview? 

Thanks. 

15 minutes ago, Almina said:

Hi everyone, 

After the case being received by Embassy in Sarajevo, how long does it take for them to scheduled an interview? 

Thanks. 

Heey, so you actually have to schedule the interview yourself. You pick the date. Our case was received in April and I waited a couple days for them to reach out and they didn’t. So I emailed them with the case number and names and they sent me info. When I went to schedule the interview mid April the next interview was mid May. But the info they sent said not to schedule a interview without having all your documents and medical but I scheduled the medical then the interview. A month is more an enough to get all the documents together while waiting for your interview, because if you wait for all the documents and then schedule your interview you’ll be waiting maybe 3 months. 
Sretno! (fiance visa?

Edited by DenisaH

39 minutes ago, DenisaH said:

Heey, so you actually have to schedule the interview yourself. You pick the date. Our case was received in April and I waited a couple days for them to reach out and they didn’t. So I emailed them with the case number and names and they sent me info. When I went to schedule the interview mid April the next interview was mid May. But the info they sent said not to schedule a interview without having all your documents and medical but I scheduled the medical then the interview. A month is more an enough to get all the documents together while waiting for your interview, because if you wait for all the documents and then schedule your interview you’ll be waiting maybe 3 months. 
Sretno! (fiance visa?

Hvala. Not a fiancé visa, it’s my husband. Our case was received by the embassy today. I was just wondering how long it takes them to schedule an interview. So you’re telling me that I have to schedule it, where exactly? This is the last leg of this very long journey and I want everything to go as smooth and fast as possible. ☺️

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

My husband had an interview this Monday , March 28 2022, he was approved by CO, then he was handed a paper where it says visa approved and to make arrangements to receive his passport back, so he did. An hour after interview his case case status shows Administrative Processing, as I’ve read more about it, it seems for that to be last step before issuing the visa. My question is how long did it take you guys to receive visa in hand? 

3 days after the interview we are still waiting, I know 3 days aren’t long, but at this point 3 days are like 3 months, as we have been on this journey since September 2019.

Any answers, experience are greatly appreciated to calm my anxious self . 

Thank you. 

On 3/31/2022 at 3:27 PM, Almina said:

Hi guys,

My husband had an interview this Monday , March 28 2022, he was approved by CO, then he was handed a paper where it says visa approved and to make arrangements to receive his passport back, so he did. An hour after interview his case case status shows Administrative Processing, as I’ve read more about it, it seems for that to be last step before issuing the visa. My question is how long did it take you guys to receive visa in hand? 

3 days after the interview we are still waiting, I know 3 days aren’t long, but at this point 3 days are like 3 months, as we have been on this journey since September 2019.

Any answers, experience are greatly appreciated to calm my anxious self . 

Thank you. 

We had the interview on a Monday, Thursday morning we went to DHL to pick up the passport with all documents 

• 1 month later...
On 3/14/2022 at 8:28 PM, Almina said:

Hvala. Not a fiancé visa, it’s my husband. Our case was received by the embassy today. I was just wondering how long it takes them to schedule an interview. So you’re telling me that I have to schedule it, where exactly? This is the last leg of this very long journey and I want everything to go as smooth and fast as possible. ☺️

Hello! My husband and I are hoping to be able approved at the NVC stage soon. I wanted to see how it went scheduling your appointment and how long it took? 

Edited by Ericka Womack

Hi,

once my case was sent to the embassy I emailed them. They said my husband needs to get his medical done before they can schedule him an appointment, in that email they send info of two doctors. We sent a message to the doctor she scheduled the appointment two days out. Once he was done at the doctors office I emailed the embassy with in an hour they replied, the appointment was scheduled for the interview 4 days after the medical was done. All the medical papers were sent to the embassy the next day. He went to the interview was in there 10 minutes, he was approved. On March 28th, April 6th he had his passport in hand. 

Edited by Almina

14 hours ago, Almina said:

Hi,

once my case was sent to the embassy I emailed them. They said my husband needs to get his medical done before they can schedule him an appointment, in that email they send info of two doctors. We sent a message to the doctor she scheduled the appointment two days out. Once he was done at the doctors office I emailed the embassy with in an hour they replied, the appointment was scheduled for the interview 4 days after the medical was done. All the medical papers were sent to the embassy the next day. He went to the interview was in there 10 minutes, he was approved. On March 28th, April 6th he had his passport in hand. 

Thank you so much for this! This sounds very simple which is a nice change haha!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone! My husband and I got DQ'd today!!! We are so happy and anxious to move on to the next steps! Quick question...I know we are meant to schedule our interview ourselves...does you status change on the NVC portal to know the embassy has received it, or do you just reach out them once you are DQ'd. Thank you!

6 hours ago, Ericka Womack said:

Hello! Can anyone share who long it took for their case for I get transferred from NVC to the embassy in Sarajevo?

I think it took about 5ish days. Cant exactly remember. We got the approval March 6th it was in Sarajevo April 15th. take a look at my timeline if it helps

8 minutes ago, DenisaH said:

I think it took about 5ish days. Cant exactly remember. We got the approval March 6th it was in Sarajevo April 15th. take a look at my timeline if it helps

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Me again :) We just received our IL! Just a couple of questions....it says on the letter to register online...we went to register and it says our visa case number is not ready to schedule an appointment. Has that happened to anyone? Also, there was an appointment date on the letter...I know many people have said that they had to schedule the appointment on their own...do we have the option to try and reschedule for an earlier date? Right now the appointment isn't until August 29th which we was a little disappointing as we thought the embassy was much faster. Any advice or experience is appreciated. Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.