A.P

London embassy - enrolled or unenrolled deed poll?

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if the London embassy accepts the unenrolled deed poll for name change (the one you sign yourself) or is the enrolled deed poll (through courts) required as it doesn't specify what type on the website and technically it isn't required in the UK to get the enrolled one?

And if it is easier/quicker/cheaper to get a statutory declaration of name change or the enrolled deed poll?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I sent in my unenrolled deed poll and had no problems. When i did it i ordered extra copies and just sent in the original rather than a photocopy as the photocopy doesnt really show the embossed watermark that well. 

20 hours ago, brainless69 said:

I sent in my unenrolled deed poll and had no problems. When i did it i ordered extra copies and just sent in the original rather than a photocopy as the photocopy doesnt really show the embossed watermark that well. 

Thank you, I was worried about having to go find a solicitor to legalise it and the costs associated with it so this is very reassuring. Can I ask which website you used to get it because according to the gov site, the unenrolled one is just you writing up a letter yourself. Like where do we get the certificate from?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, A.P said:

Thank you, I was worried about having to go find a solicitor to legalise it and the costs associated with it so this is very reassuring. Can I ask which website you used to get it because according to the gov site, the unenrolled one is just you writing up a letter yourself. Like where do we get the certificate from?

I had it done ages ago, i think it was via deedpolloffice.com or something similar. You just fill in all the information online and they send the deed of name change with the embossed mark and places for you and a signatory to sign.

• 8 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.