KK and RB

I-130 case transfer, Apr 2020 filer

22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Is there anyone your case transferred to  a service center with longer average processing times?
I got Nebraska but my case transferred to Potomac without notice. 
I believe transfer lightening the burden on service center but Potomac processing time is much longer than Nebraska now, so my transfer doesn’t make sense.
Should I wait to inquire based on Potomac processing time or can I ask on Nebraska processing time?
Since USCIS says transfer doesn’t make delay so it’s very unfair if my case will take longer than Nebraska

Edited by KK and RB

• 1 month later...
Timeline

My I-130 for my Japanese wife was filed in April 2020 and I have the Reciept showing Nebraska as my Service Center. 

I waited for 9months but had no movement.  It was past the normal processing time, so I tried to do an inquiry.  The online system said it was too early, so I sent an email.  USCIS said my service center was Potomac.  I'm upset.

The time for US Citizens' I-130 is 11.5-15months at Potomac.  Nebraska is MUCH SHORTER.

I feel the same as you.  This is unfair if it extends the processing time.

Also, why do US Perm Residents have as short as 1 week to process I-130????  That is really really short compared to 11.5 months.  I don't understand this whole process.  It seems so dumb...  Ugh!!!

Timeline
On 1/26/2021 at 5:09 AM, Lii said:

My I-130 for my Japanese wife was filed in April 2020 and I have the Reciept showing Nebraska as my Service Center. 

I waited for 9months but had no movement.  It was past the normal processing time, so I tried to do an inquiry.  The online system said it was too early, so I sent an email.  USCIS said my service center was Potomac.  I'm upset.

The time for US Citizens' I-130 is 11.5-15months at Potomac.  Nebraska is MUCH SHORTER.

I feel the same as you.  This is unfair if it extends the processing time.

Also, why do US Perm Residents have as short as 1 week to process I-130????  That is really really short compared to 11.5 months.  I don't understand this whole process.  It seems so dumb...  Ugh!!!

I'm sorry to hear that. I found message exchanging from my box was meaningless bc they just replied repeatedly saying my case was under normal processing time. So I made a query from that system 2 weeks ago by changing filling date to January frm April then it went through lol.

I got a response yesterday and my case was approved today! You should try😁

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
18 minutes ago, KK and RB said:

I'm sorry to hear that. I found message exchanging from my box was meaningless bc they just replied repeatedly saying my case was under normal processing time. So I made a query from that system 2 weeks ago by changing filling date to January frm April then it went through lol.

Can you explain a little of what you did?

Timeline
30 minutes ago, KK and RB said:

I want to know what you did, too.  Can you explain a little more?  Was it ok to change your filing date to a date was not really true?  Do you think the response (and subsequent approval) was because of the query with the January date?

I'm itching for information... :)

Timeline
10 hours ago, Lii said:

I want to know what you did, too.  Can you explain a little more?  Was it ok to change your filing date to a date was not really true?  Do you think the response (and subsequent approval) was because of the query with the January date?

I'm itching for information... :)

I made a query from here 

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do

As well as you I couldn't do it one month ago bc they blocked me but my query went through 2weeks ago. I'm not sure whether the logic checks a case number or filled date.

I filled out incorrect date but they replied with the correct date and didn't mention about it. Some people make typo anyway so I guess it won't be a big issue to fill out incorrect date but I can't say no harm to try

Timeline

I sent another query through the system (Outside Normal Processing Time site).  This time I put my wife's name and birthdate, instead of my own information.  I also changed the date from 4/27/2020 to 4/27/2019.  Hopefully they think that the date is a typo (lots of people type the wrong year at the start of the new year :) ).  The system accepted my query with the 2019 date.  When I put in the real 2020 receipt date it wouldn't let me submit. Crossing my fingers that the different name, different email, note saying that query is from the actual potential immigrant, and the date "typo" will be enough to get a true response and some action on my petition.  This is such a lame system...  It's amazing how inefficient this whole process is.  Government inefficiencies on full display...

Timeline
8 hours ago, Lii said:

I sent another query through the system (Outside Normal Processing Time site).  This time I put my wife's name and birthdate, instead of my own information.  I also changed the date from 4/27/2020 to 4/27/2019.  Hopefully they think that the date is a typo (lots of people type the wrong year at the start of the new year :) ).  The system accepted my query with the 2019 date.  When I put in the real 2020 receipt date it wouldn't let me submit. Crossing my fingers that the different name, different email, note saying that query is from the actual potential immigrant, and the date "typo" will be enough to get a true response and some action on my petition.  This is such a lame system...  It's amazing how inefficient this whole process is.  Government inefficiencies on full display...

clever typo lol 

I hope to hear good news from you soon!

Timeline
On 1/29/2021 at 5:15 PM, KK and RB said:

clever typo lol 

I hope to hear good news from you soon!

I just got an email from USCIS saying that they won't give any information because the person requesting the information is not the petitioner (me) or the applicant (my wife) - even though the applicant (my wife) IS the person sending the email from her own email account, and even though the USCIS email itself says "Caller Indicated They Are APPLICANT of Petitioner". :(. This is soooo crazy.  What a lame system.

I guess I just have to wait and wait and wait.  :( 

On 1/26/2021 at 6:13 PM, KK and RB said:

1. What was the response that you got?
2. Shouldn't they have said that you were under normal processing times since your case was at Potomac?

3. Did your NOA2 come from Potomac (it says at the bottom of the notice)?

4. Did your NOA1 come from Nebraska? do you know when your case was transferred to Potomac?

Timeline
15 hours ago, Lii said:

I just got an email from USCIS saying that they won't give any information because the person requesting the information is not the petitioner (me) or the applicant (my wife) - even though the applicant (my wife) IS the person sending the email from her own email account, and even though the USCIS email itself says "Caller Indicated They Are APPLICANT of Petitioner". :(. This is soooo crazy.  What a lame system.

I guess I just have to wait and wait and wait.  :( 

Oh no... so a moron misunderstood? 

Timeline
10 hours ago, darth vader said:

1. What was the response that you got?
2. Shouldn't they have said that you were under normal processing times since your case was at Potomac?

3. Did your NOA2 come from Potomac (it says at the bottom of the notice)?

4. Did your NOA1 come from Nebraska? do you know when your case was transferred to Potomac?

1. email

Type of service requested:
-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

Recently, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

Our service records indicate that we recently approved your Form I-130 and mailed an approval notice to the address of record. If you have not received it within 30 days, please contact us again.

We hope this information is helpful to you.
-----------------------------------
Online Services

2. No. I believe my case should have processed on Nebraska time. They always didn’t answer to my questions 

3. I still haven’t received a mail. I checked only the app status

4. No it was silently transferred. I often saw the same situation as mine. It seems Nebraska transferred many cases that’s why they handle cases the fastest now

Timeline
6 hours ago, KK and RB said:

1. email

Type of service requested:
-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

Recently, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

Our service records indicate that we recently approved your Form I-130 and mailed an approval notice to the address of record. If you have not received it within 30 days, please contact us again.

We hope this information is helpful to you.
-----------------------------------
Online Services

2. No. I believe my case should have processed on Nebraska time. They always didn’t answer to my questions 

3. I still haven’t received a mail. I checked only the app status

4. No it was silently transferred. I often saw the same situation as mine. It seems Nebraska transferred many cases that’s why they handle cases the fastest now

Mine was silently transferred, too.  The USCIS site says that if your case is transferred you will receive a Notice of Transfer.  Of course, it doesn't seem like anyone gets the notice.  USCIS would be bankrupt if it was a private business.  I can't believe how inefficiently it runs.  I'm out of ideas on what to do so I'll just wait the extra 5 or so months that I need to now since my case was silently transferred from Nebraska to Potomac :(. Lame...

5 minutes ago, Lii said:

Mine was silently transferred, too.  The USCIS site says that if your case is transferred you will receive a Notice of Transfer.  Of course, it doesn't seem like anyone gets the notice.  USCIS would be bankrupt if it was a private business.  I can't believe how inefficiently it runs.  I'm out of ideas on what to do so I'll just wait the extra 5 or so months that I need to now since my case was silently transferred from Nebraska to Potomac :(. Lame...

Hang in there! Can you please fill your timelie, so we can get accurate picture of what is going on at Potomac? Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.