aqz

Reaffirmed Case Related

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Our case got reaffirmed back in July 2020 and sent to US Consulate Islamabad in Nov, 5 2020. We are told to wait and response when receive any email from Islamabad Embassy. Anyone who went through same situation, what to expect next? Any info will be appreciated!

Timeline
17 hours ago, aqz said:

Hi Everyone,

Our case got reaffirmed back in July 2020 and sent to US Consulate Islamabad in Nov, 5 2020. We are told to wait and response when receive any email from Islamabad Embassy. Anyone who went through same situation, what to expect next? Any info will be appreciated!

It could take about 2 months from the time the embassy receives the file until you get an email from them.  You can send them an inquiry to check on the status.  

They will send you instructions on scheduling an interview and any additional documents you may need (i.e. updated ds 260, medical  and new I 864)  you should also bring all prior paperwork submitted in case any questions come up during the interview.  

I don't know if there will be anything new with COVID my husband was there in August and the only difference was the petitioner was no longer allowed inside in addition to wearing a mask.

Hope that helps!

Timeline
22 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

It could take about 2 months from the time the embassy receives the file until you get an email from them.  You can send them an inquiry to check on the status.  

They will send you instructions on scheduling an interview and any additional documents you may need (i.e. updated ds 260, medical  and new I 864)  you should also bring all prior paperwork submitted in case any questions come up during the interview.  

I don't know if there will be anything new with COVID my husband was there in August and the only difference was the petitioner was no longer allowed inside in addition to wearing a mask.

Hope that helps!

thank you much much for your response. Many congratulations to u abd ur husband. We did submit an inquiry but they sent us qn automated response. So, they won’t allow petitioner inside in an interview? Thank u again for ur response 

Hi 

My case same to same like 

The asked me to come to embassy and bring updated ds-260 form I don't know how to update or resubmit the ds-260 form because there no option already I submitted ds-260 form one year ago and today they asked for updated ds-260  form so please help to me if anyone know that how to update the ds-260 form that is submitted already

Timeline
On 12/23/2020 at 10:03 AM, aqz said:

Hi Everyone,

Hi...plz describe ur case my case also returned under 212a5a...

Timeline
4 hours ago, Sunnyzohaibkhan said:

Hi 

The asked me to come to embassy and bring updated ds-260 form I don't know how to update or resubmit the ds-260 form because there no option already I submitted ds-260 form one year ago and today they asked for updated ds-260  form so please help to me if anyone know that how to update the ds-260 form that is submitted already

Go to nvc website where you upload ur documents. Enter you case number and voice number. You will see open ds260. Go check every field and update any information if needed and hit submit. Can you tell when is ur case was sent to Embassy and when embassy contact you? Please thank you 🙏🏻 Good luck with ur case

Timeline
4 hours ago, Far.han said:

Hi...plz describe ur case my case also returned under 212a5a...

Mine is spouse case. What about yours? You probably will receive Letter from USCIS to submit more evidence so they cannot revoke your petition. Then it will forward to NVC THEN Embassy 

Timeline
1 hour ago, aqz said:

Mine is spouse case. What about yours? You probably will receive Letter from USCIS to submit more evidence so they cannot revoke your petition. Then it will forward to NVC THEN Embassy 

Mine too cr1 case..now returned to uscis..

Potomac center.

U also get 212a5a??

Timeline
On 12/24/2020 at 4:53 PM, aqz said:

thank you much much for your response. Many congratulations to u abd ur husband. We did submit an inquiry but they sent us qn automated response. So, they won’t allow petitioner inside in an interview? Thank u again for ur response 

They did not allow in August and the website still says only one of the following two are allowed to enter: an interpreter or if the applicant is special needs and needs assistance.

Timeline
On 12/25/2020 at 2:36 PM, Far.han said:

Mine too cr1 case..now returned to uscis..

Potomac center.

U also get 212a5a??

no, mine was under 212 g. They put our case under administrative case for almost 8 months and then return it to the USCIS. I hope it won't happen to your case. Best wishes

Timeline
10 hours ago, aqz said:

no, mine was under 212 g. They put our case under administrative case for almost 8 months and then return it to the USCIS. I hope it won't happen to your case. Best wishes

Ohh mine too was under AP and after 13months they returned to uscis...

Did u received any email from embassy??

Edited by Far.han

• 4 months later...
On 12/25/2020 at 7:48 PM, Sunnyzohaibkhan said:

Hi 

How was your interview? What questions they asked? Did they email you about interview date? I’m in a similar boat

• 7 months later...
Timeline
On 12/28/2020 at 9:34 AM, aqz said:

U got ur visa??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.