shella

idea on how long to wait for the approval of waiver in p.i

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello guys,

i just wanted to know if you guys have any idea or had experience on how long (months) would it be to wait for the approval of the waiver..we filed a 1-601 and 1-212 last month and just wondering how long should we wait till we have news on it....we filed it here in the philippines manila u.s embassy...hope you can help me on this....also wanted to know,if its hard for our waiver to get approved or they are not that mean to approve one..just thinking,they can be kind enough and also they can be mean if they want to right??? hope you can share me your experience with a waiver thing...thank you guys in advance hope you can help me on this....godbless!!!

shella

hello guys,

i just wanted to know if you guys have any idea or had experience on how long (months) would it be to wait for the approval of the waiver..we filed a 1-601 and 1-212 last month and just wondering how long should we wait till we have news on it....we filed it here in the philippines manila u.s embassy...hope you can help me on this....also wanted to know,if its hard for our waiver to get approved or they are not that mean to approve one..just thinking,they can be kind enough and also they can be mean if they want to right??? hope you can share me your experience with a waiver thing...thank you guys in advance hope you can help me on this....godbless!!!

shella

My wife and I filed our I-212 in May of 2006 and we didn't hear back until February of 2007, so it can definitely take a while. Good luck!

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Timeline

hi bowflex,

thanks for the idea,i really hope that it wont take that long for our waiver..some friends are telling me its about 2 to 3 months to hear response from the embassy...i hope its only like that..wanted to ask what country did you filed your waiver?and did you already had the inetrview when you filed it?

Each waiver is dealt with on a case-by-case situation so I don't know if you can really get a feel of what the timeline will be for you. I have seen some report it was only a few weeks before the waiver was completed and others took much longer. I hope, for your sake, that the embassy processes your request quickly; I certainly understand the difficulties of being apart from your loved one. Good luck, Claudeth and I will pray for your success :thumbs:

Edited by jasman0717

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

You should search for information specific to Manila (try immigrate2us.net or http://tinyurl.com/375z9w). It all depends on the consulate and their backlog. I would count on 12 months, but I don't know the timelines there - just seems to be an overall average in most countries.

Edited by kitkat1

• 1 month later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi shella, i received a letter from the embassy 4 months after the submission. mine was denied just last month. i prepared it on my own & don't really have any real 'extreme'. i was just hoping & praying that the 'positive' ones outweigh the 'negatives'. a law firm somehow conveyed it me to be like that. but with the denial, it's safe to assume that they go by the book with their 'extreme' definition. mine was for simple overstay. who prepared your waivers? good luck & God bless!

(p.s. anyone knows of good lawyer for waivers in manila? thanks.)

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

hello rpron,

i filed my waiver last june 26..still waiting for approval or result..i can suggest atty aranda..he is a good immigration lawyer in manila..he is the one who did mine..he is also good in doing some waiver thing..wishing you goodluck too!!godbless to all of us

Filed: Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Like Kitkat said, I would check out the 2 websites she gave to you. Immigrate2us.net is very very helpful. Also, you don't necessarily have to hire a lawyer in your country, we have some really great lawyers in the USA that could help the US citizen with the I-601. Two lawyers highly recommended in the USA are Heather Poole and Laurel Scott. You can find out more information on those lawyers and few others that are recommended on immigrate2u.net as well. Hope this helps you out and best of luck to you and your spouse!

Paul & Kerri

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.