Mezyan

HELP MISTER WIZARD!!!

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Or Miss wizard. After waiting ages for our K1 visa, we finally got it. Now we are trying to figure out how my fiance can actually leave Morocco. It seems no one is sure of what authorization form he needs from his province. Everyone says something different. Where can I find legit information?!!!

We have a flight booked from Casablanca to JFK on December 14th. He went to the Chefchaouen provincial office and the officer there said he would only give him permission to travel around morocco. On the paper he wrote he has permission to go to the Casablanca airport to leave the country. We asked specifically for the form that states why he is leaving Morocco to come to USA to get married. They said he has to have a marriage certificate. He explained he will marry here. Showed them the visa and they said no just the paper we gave you.

Some other laypersons have said they got a different form or that this form won't work.

If he gets to the airport and is turned away because he didn't have the correct paper from some dude in an office I'm gonna lose my stuff.

Can anyone confirm what is needed? 😭

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Mezyan said:

Or Miss wizard. After waiting ages for our K1 visa, we finally got it. Now we are trying to figure out how my fiance can actually leave Morocco. It seems no one is sure of what authorization form he needs from his province. Everyone says something different. Where can I find legit information?!!!

We have a flight booked from Casablanca to JFK on December 14th. He went to the Chefchaouen provincial office and the officer there said he would only give him permission to travel around morocco. On the paper he wrote he has permission to go to the Casablanca airport to leave the country. We asked specifically for the form that states why he is leaving Morocco to come to USA to get married. They said he has to have a marriage certificate. He explained he will marry here. Showed them the visa and they said no just the paper we gave you.

Some other laypersons have said they got a different form or that this form won't work.

If he gets to the airport and is turned away because he didn't have the correct paper from some dude in an office I'm gonna lose my stuff.

Can anyone confirm what is needed? 😭

My husband just came about a month ago. he had to get authorization to leave Morocco, this is something new during Covid time. if your fiance lives in chefchouen I would think he will need to get from the closest major city whcih I think Tangier. They wont let him on the Plane if he doesnt have it. I think he should ask at 3amala or Police station. Good Luck

Timeline
18 minutes ago, BasmaHicham said:

I think he should ask at 3amala or Police station. Good Luck

He went to the 3amala and they would only give him the one authorization, which if I understand correctly, is just for local travel within Morocco.

This was the 3amala in Chefchaouen as well.

Edited by Mezyan
clarification

Timeline
18 hours ago, Mezyan said:

He went to the 3amala and they would only give him the one authorization, which if I understand correctly, is just for local travel within Morocco.

I'll ask my husband and get back to you. 

Timeline
22 hours ago, Mezyan said:

Hello again, tell your fiance to ask at al3amala where can he go to obtain the authorozation to leave the country, they should guide him and he should take his passport with the visa in it , his plane ticket, and his ID ( la carte national). 

• 6 months later...

OMG me and my fiance are having the same issue. They said he has to be married first to leave the country. I finally wrote a letter of invitation and the office guy said he will get back to us in 2 days. On the letter, I basically said he is coming to America to marry me and after the marriage we will apply for a green card. These people are making it impossible for us. Does anyone have a solution to this issue? I wish the consulate had given us a heads up. We were at the CMN airport and got turned away and had to travel all the way back to his hometown to get this stupid authorization form. Now they are acting like they don't want to grant him it. I mean the k 1 visa is approved and it's obvious what he is coming to the US for. Why are they being difficult?  What do we need to do to get this form?

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Ebony Brown said:

OMG me and my fiance are having the same issue. They said he has to be married first to leave the country. I finally wrote a letter of invitation and the office guy said he will get back to us in 2 days. On the letter, I basically said he is coming to America to marry me and after the marriage we will apply for a green card. These people are making it impossible for us. Does anyone have a solution to this issue? I wish the consulate had given us a heads up. We were at the CMN airport and got turned away and had to travel all the way back to his hometown to get this stupid authorization form. Now they are acting like they don't want to grant him it. I mean the k 1 visa is approved and it's obvious what he is coming to the US for. Why are they being difficult?  What do we need to do to get this form?

My husband was able to get someone to help him get the paper. But they were difficult too. There unfortunately isn’t an easy solution in Morocco. Are you there? It seems like you should be able to go in with him to tell them you will get married and show them the visa. 

OH thank you for a quick reply! First of all, Congratulations to you both!!! We have been on a crazy ride trying to get this paperwork together. My fiance went

into this guys office 3 times yesterday.  The last time I went with him and gave the guy my invitation signed with fresh ink. I also gave him a copy of my K1 visa 

declaration letter used in the 129f application. I stated in the invitation the process of my fiance basically transitioning to living in America. and added that he will get a Covid vaccination while in the 

US and I will be financially responsible for him. and that while he applies for the green card he is allowed to stay in the US. Basically, trying to paint a picture that he will pretty much be here to stay instead of some short tourist visit.  

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Ebony Brown said:

OH thank you for a quick reply! First of all, Congratulations to you both!!! We have been on a crazy ride trying to get this paperwork together. My fiance went

into this guys office 3 times yesterday.  The last time I went with him and gave the guy my invitation signed with fresh ink. I also gave him a copy of my K1 visa 

declaration letter used in the 129f application. I stated in the invitation the process of my fiance basically transitioning to living in America. and added that he will get a Covid vaccination while in the 

US and I will be financially responsible for him. and that while he applies for the green card he is allowed to stay in the US. Basically, trying to paint a picture that he will pretty much be here to stay instead of some short tourist visit.  

Thank you! Congrats to you both as well.

You’ve given him much more than he should need. I did the same, sent lots of stuff for him to give. The guy eventually gave him the document at the last hour. Just keep going by and asking for the document. You will get it. 

Edited by Mezyan

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ebony Brown said:

Okay, we will try to wait patiently, at least there is hope. thanks for the info again, have a good day

I hope you get it today! Please let me know if you do or if you need more help. I can ask my husband later when I’m not at work to see if he can help. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.