bemydruidess

Interview Letter Never Received, Please Help?!

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Sharing this on behalf of a VERY stressed friend, any insight?

-We filed for our spouse greencard in july 2019.
-In april 2020 i got my work permit.

-On august 24th we got an update saying our interview was scheduled and that we would receive a letter through mail with the date and time.
- I checked our mail every single day

-We were still waiting and waiting. Then we received two letters in the mail on november 9th, we thought "yay our interview date"
- one letter to my husband saying the I-130 is denied and abandoned because we did not show up on our interview date on September 28th
-2nd letter to me saying the I-485 was denied due to ^

Both letters say to send 290'bs with money order (675$ each) to MAYBE get it rectified.
[immigrant lawyer said they never ask 290bs/money order with the I-130 and that that is not rightly done by san antonio office]

- we sent both forms with letter of explanation and money orders to uscis
- we reached out to roger williams, lloyd doggett and ted cruz. They are talking to ucsis on our behalf.
We reiceved this back today from roger williams office;

U.S . Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records confirm that the appointment notice was mailed timely and to the address on file. A review of the A-file has been conducted to determine if the notice was returned as undeliverable by the Post Office, it was not. The San Antonio Field Office has advised the applicant/constituent to refer to the instructions on the denial notice if they wish to request a Motion to Reopen.

•We request the motion already (the 290bs) takes 4-8 weeks to hear back
•We never changed our address
•We would NEVER miss our interview date if we knew when it was

• 8 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.