Rush11

No SSN

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Looking for help !!!!

I applied for SSN on 7 october by visiting local office and then after 4 weeks no SSN. I called local office but they are saying that they are waiting for Homeland Security to verify status of immigration and from last 3 weeks they are saying same thing  and nothing changed. Did someone face this problem or delay in SSN? Is there anyway contact DHS?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Did you apply for the SS card in the same name as is on your I-94 from POE. I know a big problem comes from the names not matching in the system. Say someone got married and changed their last name, but on the passport, and upon entry used their maiden name because that is what is on the passport. If you used the same name on both entry and the SS card application, you should be fine. Many people come on K1 visa and get married first before getting their SS card and try to get the SS card in their married name, and that won't match DHS records. If the names are a match, then it usually takes 4-5 weeks for manual verification. Other than a misspelling of the name, it could be it's just taking that long. If nothing in a few more weeks, take the letter they gave you when you applied at the office with the date stamp on it, and make another appointment and go talk to someone. Things usually go better when you are sitting in front of people, and not on the phone.

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

Did you apply for the SS card in the same name as is on your I-94 from POE. I know a big problem comes from the names not matching in the system. Say someone got married and changed their last name, but on the passport, and upon entry used their maiden name because that is what is on the passport. If you used the same name on both entry and the SS card application, you should be fine. Many people come on K1 visa and get married first before getting their SS card and try to get the SS card in their married name, and that won't match DHS records. If the names are a match, then it usually takes 4-5 weeks for manual verification. Other than a misspelling of the name, it could be it's just taking that long. If nothing in a few more weeks, take the letter they gave you when you applied at the office with the date stamp on it, and make another appointment and go talk to someone. Things usually go better when you are sitting in front of people, and not on the phone.

Thank you for Reply!! I checked and my name was right as I-94. I called them multiple times and verified all informations. They said that SSA office can't do anything at this time because my application needs verification from Homeland Security. So I guess as you mentioned I will have to wait more 2-3 weeks to done with verification. It's so frustrating and time delay Process

Timeline
1 hour ago, Rush11 said:

Thank you for Reply!! I checked and my name was right as I-94. I called them multiple times and verified all informations. They said that SSA office can't do anything at this time because my application needs verification from Homeland Security. So I guess as you mentioned I will have to wait more 2-3 weeks to done with verification. It's so frustrating and time delay Process

Yes, seems like it. Before even with manual verification you would see the card in a month. When my wife came in on her K1 we applied for her SS card like 16 hours after POE, and she was in the system, and had her card in the mailbox 7 days later. We arrived Sunday night, went to the SS office Monday morning, and the following Monday card was in hand. It was Actually printed 3 days after we applied ( date of issue is on the card). That's back in November 2018. So, kinda shows how bad things are now.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Loren Y said:

Yes, seems like it. Before even with manual verification you would see the card in a month. When my wife came in on her K1 we applied for her SS card like 16 hours after POE, and she was in the system, and had her card in the mailbox 7 days later. We arrived Sunday night, went to the SS office Monday morning, and the following Monday card was in hand. It was Actually printed 3 days after we applied ( date of issue is on the card). That's back in November 2018. So, kinda shows how bad things are now.

Thank you for your Information. Hopefully I will get it very soon. Because of COvid they won't let people to come to office so finger crossed.

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Rush11 said:

Thank you for your Information. Hopefully I will get it very soon. Because of COvid they won't let people to come to office so finger crossed.

Most of the offices are allowing you to make appointments under certain conditions, needing your first SS card is one of them I'm pretty sure. Check their website under covid-19 protocol, and it lists the reasons you can get a appointment.

Timeline

Ye they allowed me and I went there in office for my first time application. I have doubt now that they won't allow me after 2-3 weeks from now because I already have my application going on. (If I didn't receive my SSN).

I will see how it goes.

Thank you again for your help

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

@Rush11, when did you enter; when was your consular interview? 

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

• 1 month later...
On 11/24/2020 at 5:17 PM, Rush11 said:

Hi Rush11,

Did you get your SSN yet?  My wife applied for a SSN and visited the local office on October 30.  We called today and they are still waiting for Homeland Security to verify status of immigration for my wife as well.

If you received your SSN, did you have to contact anyone to move the process along?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.