17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can someone help me verify the list of evidence that is needed for the I-944. So far I have the following:

1.     Beneficiary’s Form I-944

2.     Beneficiary’s Health Insurance Policy on Letterhead

4.     Beneficiary’s Credit Report

5.     Beneficiary’s Proof of No Credit History – Experian

6.     Beneficiary’s Proof of No Credit History - Equifax

1. Petitioner’s  Most Recent Tax Return
  2. Petitioner’s Mortgage Statement
  3. Petitioner’s Home Value Statement
  4. Petitioner's Last 12 months bank statement
  5. Petitioner's Child Support Statement

There is no public benefits to list.  Any other evidence you can think of that I need. Originally they told me on the forum I didn't need to file an I-944 back in August however, now I received a letter saying it is required.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Did you provide your marriage certificate and petitioner's tax transcript with your I-864?

Some other things you might need, depending on your situation, are here:

https://learn.simplecitizen.com/immigration-support/form-i-944-required-supporting-documents/

Edited by JonSeattle

9 hours ago, praisejourney said:

The I-944 requires the financial information of the immigrant, not the petitioner.  You need to send the immigrant's tax returns or transcripts (if any), bank statements, list of assets and liabilities.

9 hours ago, praisejourney said:

Originally they told me on the forum I didn't need to file an I-944 back in August however, now I received a letter saying it is required.

Because it was not required back in August.  But there was a court ruling in September that made the I-944 retroactively required for all who filed for AOS after February 24, 2020.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, Chancy said:

The I-944 requires the financial information of the immigrant, not the petitioner.  You need to send the immigrant's tax returns or transcripts (if any), bank statements, list of assets and liabilities.

The I-944 instructions say (page 5):

"You must provide an IRS transcript(s) of your Federal income tax returns for the most recent tax year and the IRS transcript(s) of the household members whose income you are including."

If the immigrant is including the income of the petitioner (which is very likely for a K-1 from the Philippines), then they will need the petitioner's tax transcript as well.

Timeline
19 hours ago, JonSeattle said:

Did you provide your marriage certificate and petitioner's tax transcript with your I-864?

Some other things you might need, depending on your situation, are here:

https://learn.simplecitizen.com/immigration-support/form-i-944-required-supporting-documents/

Yes I submitted both but I will submit them again just to make sure.

Timeline
19 hours ago, Chancy said:

Because it was not required back in August.  But there was a court ruling in September that made the I-944 retroactively required for all who filed for AOS after February 24, 2020.

Ok so that is what happened with the courtruling.  For the bank statement though it sounds like the bank statement for the household.  Can you confirm?

Timeline
6 hours ago, Bear11 said:

Beneficiary’s Health Insurance Policy on Letterhead" what does it means?

I just sent the requirements to my health insurance provider and then sent me a letter (on letterhead) stating that my wife is covered. I also included a printed out of the plan's coverages.

Timeline
On 11/15/2020 at 10:43 AM, JonSeattle said:

The I-944 instructions say (page 5):

"You must provide an IRS transcript(s) of your Federal income tax returns for the most recent tax year and the IRS transcript(s) of the household members whose income you are including."

If the immigrant is including the income of the petitioner (which is very likely for a K-1 from the Philippines), then they will need the petitioner's tax transcript as well.

Thanks Jon! You are always a great help! Finally got this one filed.

Timeline
On 11/14/2020 at 10:09 PM, Chancy said:

It's interesting to because they switch between the immigrant and house members.  So even if the immigrant does not have a tax return,  they still need proof of income from a household member's tax return.

Timeline
On 11/14/2020 at 12:38 PM, praisejourney said:

Can someone help me verify the list of evidence that is needed for the I-944. So far I have the following:

1.     Beneficiary’s Form I-944

2.     Beneficiary’s Health Insurance Policy on Letterhead

4.     Beneficiary’s Credit Report

5.     Beneficiary’s Proof of No Credit History – Experian

6.     Beneficiary’s Proof of No Credit History - Equifax

There is no public benefits to list.  Any other evidence you can think of that I need. Originally they told me on the forum I didn't need to file an I-944 back in August however, now I received a letter saying it is required.

For anyone reading this thread looking for similar information.  Make sure to also go to https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action  and where  can print out your Credit Report for free. 

Edited by praisejourney

Timeline
On 11/19/2020 at 11:09 PM, Bear11 said:

what kind of insurance you have? is that mandatory? we'll have soon interview

Pretty much it is just for form I-944.  I don't believe it is a requirement but gives added support to be self sufficient.  Others can correct me if I am wrong. That is just how I interpreted it.

Timeline
On 11/19/2020 at 11:09 PM, Bear11 said:

what kind of insurance you have? is that mandatory? we'll have soon interview

Other VJ members can correct me if I am wrong. But in terms of the I-944, it helps in building a case of proving self sufficiency. It's not an absolute requirement though to have that I am aware of.  Would others agree?

Timeline
On 11/14/2020 at 10:09 PM, Chancy said:

That is true, at that time it wasn't required. Thanks Chancy!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.