bunbo123

I-751 Interview after submitting RFE

9 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I just want to share my situation and looking for advices from anyone that have experience with I-751 application before. I submitted my I-751 in July 2019 and got a RFE letter a year later, I submitted all the additional photos and documents that I have. I checked my case status online and it said that USCIS is ready to schedule an interview for my case. This notice is since August and it has been more than 2 months now we did not receive any updates about the interview schedule. Is there anyone experience the same issue?

A little bit background about me and my husband. We married in March 2017 and I got my 2 years green card in October 2017. We have been living together for 2 years till January 2019, my husband graduated a year after me. I already got a full time job where we live and he found a job in his major so for his career development, he took the job offer and move there first, if he likes the job and life there, I would move later. Hence we were living in 2 different states for only a year. Luckily my husband found a job back here and moved back. During one year period, we traveled back and forward 4 times to see each other. 

For my I-751 application, I have submitted all documents and evidences that I believed it were sufficient

- Our tax transcripts married filed jointly for 3 years (2017,2018,2019)

- Joint bank account (checking and saving)

- Joint car title and car insurance

- my Pension retirement account, 401k, life insurance with my husband as beneficiary

- a lease contract with our name on it

- all flight tickets, hotel bookings where we traveled for 3 years

- photos of us and family friends and travelling 

- Phone call records for a year we lived in 2 different states

It does not really make sense to me why they require us an interview. The waiting time is really frustrating. We are planning to buy a home this year but I am not sure If I can proceed with it if my status is still pending....

Usually, when you get that notification, it means it has been transferred from the service center to your local field office. From there, it depends on how long your field office takes to schedule interviews. 

I received the "Ready to be scheduled for an interview" notification on April 4 of this year and didn't get my interview notice until a few weeks ago. So there is a bit of a waiting time again. You can find your local field office processing times here: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Hi Dutchster,

Thank you for sharing your experience!

My case was transferred to National Benefit Center Lee's Summit MO. I cannot find the processing time of this center on USCIS site.

1 hour ago, Dutchster said:

Usually, when you get that notification, it means it has been transferred from the service center to your local field office. From there, it depends on how long your field office takes to schedule interviews. 

I received the "Ready to be scheduled for an interview" notification on April 4 of this year and didn't get my interview notice until a few weeks ago. So there is a bit of a waiting time again. You can find your local field office processing times here: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Thank you for sharing!

I saw you apply for citizenship while waiting for I-751. Please share your interview experience later. Wish you the best of luck!

1 hour ago, happiestoflives said:

Same here, been stuck in "ready to schedule interview" since February and no progress in sight.

Hi happiestoflives,

What is your service center? Mine was transferred to National Benefit Center in Lee Summit MO

1 hour ago, bunbo123 said:

Hi happiestoflives,

What is your service center? Mine was transferred to National Benefit Center in Lee Summit MO

We filed in Vermont, but it was transferred to the National Benefits Center.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/10/2020 at 10:51 AM, bunbo123 said:

Hi Everyone,

I just want to share my situation and looking for advices from anyone that have experience with I-751 application before. I submitted my I-751 in July 2019 and got a RFE letter a year later, I submitted all the additional photos and documents that I have. I checked my case status online and it said that USCIS is ready to schedule an interview for my case. This notice is since August and it has been more than 2 months now we did not receive any updates about the interview schedule. Is there anyone experience the same issue?

A little bit background about me and my husband. We married in March 2017 and I got my 2 years green card in October 2017. We have been living together for 2 years till January 2019, my husband graduated a year after me. I already got a full time job where we live and he found a job in his major so for his career development, he took the job offer and move there first, if he likes the job and life there, I would move later. Hence we were living in 2 different states for only a year. Luckily my husband found a job back here and moved back. During one year period, we traveled back and forward 4 times to see each other. 

For my I-751 application, I have submitted all documents and evidences that I believed it were sufficient

- Our tax transcripts married filed jointly for 3 years (2017,2018,2019)

- Joint bank account (checking and saving)

- Joint car title and car insurance

- my Pension retirement account, 401k, life insurance with my husband as beneficiary

- a lease contract with our name on it

- all flight tickets, hotel bookings where we traveled for 3 years

- photos of us and family friends and travelling 

- Phone call records for a year we lived in 2 different states

It does not really make sense to me why they require us an interview. The waiting time is really frustrating. We are planning to buy a home this year but I am not sure If I can proceed with it if my status is still pending....

Unable to tell what was your status before your GC. Like did you go through an AOS from K-1 or some other visa?

Best guess is that you did not get an interview during AOS, and that is why you are getting an interview.

Or if you had already interviewed during AOS, then perhaps USCIS still has some doubt about your case even with RFE Response.

Or your case was simply selected to interview randomly.

• 3 months later...
On 11/10/2020 at 2:37 PM, happiestoflives said:

Same here, been stuck in "ready to schedule interview" since February and no progress in sight.

Any updates on your case? Did you have an interview yet? 

On 12/9/2020 at 2:02 AM, fromthewater said:

Unable to tell what was your status before your GC. Like did you go through an AOS from K-1 or some other visa?

Best guess is that you did not get an interview during AOS, and that is why you are getting an interview.

Or if you had already interviewed during AOS, then perhaps USCIS still has some doubt about your case even with RFE Response.

Or your case was simply selected to interview randomly.

I had F1 visa before GC. We had interview for my 2 year green card already. I thought it is uncommon to have interview for from I-751. It’s been over 8 months now and we still have not received any interview schedule. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.