8 posts in this topic

Hi I'm really confused if i will right my business in my ds 260. Can I answer "SELF-EMPLOYED"? my problem is that the address of my bir business is different from my location now because i transfered due to lack of sales. Do they look for the papers? what would address should i put, the one address written in my BIR or my new address with mayors permit? or should i answer unemployed? May category is F4. do they checked it? 

3 hours ago, kim1234 said:

Hi I'm really confused if i will right my business in my ds 260. Can I answer "SELF-EMPLOYED"? my problem is that the address of my bir business is different from my location now because i transfered due to lack of sales. Do they look for the papers? what would address should i put, the one address written in my BIR or my new address with mayors permit? or should i answer unemployed? May category is F4. do they checked it?

DO NOT LIE to US immigration if you don't want to jeopardize your chance to live in the US.

If you have a business, then you are not unemployed.  Select "Business Owner" if that is an option, or "Self-Employed" if not.  Enter the current address of your business, even if different from the BIR-registered address.

3 hours ago, Chancy said:

DO NOT LIE to US immigration if you don't want to jeopardize your chance to live in the US.

If you have a business, then you are not unemployed.  Select "Business Owner" if that is an option, or "Self-Employed" if not.  Enter the current address of your business, even if different from the BIR-registered address.

Thank you for your answer. So I should choice the new address? for the business do they check it in the BIR?  thats why im a bit confused if i should put the registered address in my bir or may new address? In the present work there's an option of business i dont think its for business as in business. maybe its like a business course? what do you think?

1 minute ago, kim1234 said:

So I should choice the new address? for the business do they check it in the BIR?  thats why im a bit confused if i should put the registered address in my bir or may new address? In the present work there's an option of business i dont think its for business as in business. maybe its like a business course?

Huh?  If you registered a business, then you are a BUSINESS OWNER.  Simple.

Again, enter the current address of your business, even if different from the BIR-registered address.

2 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Again, enter the current address of your business, even if different from the BIR-registered address.

ok thanks if there going to check it they will see my name in the BIR but only different registered address so i guess its ok to put the new address.  

24 minutes ago, Chancy said:

What do you think the best answer with the question PRESENT EMPLOYER? should i answer it SELF , SELF EMPLOYED or my NAME? 

27 minutes ago, kim1234 said:

What do you think the best answer with the question PRESENT EMPLOYER? should i answer it SELF , SELF EMPLOYED or my NAME? 

Enter the name of your business.  It should have the same name whether on the BIR registration or the mayor's permit, doesn't it?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.