sriti

Accepted documents confusion

17 posts in this topic

Hi today I received an email from the NVC. I logged into my account to see that my documents were accepted and nothing was missing or rejected. But my message box said but I need to bring my divorce papers. Does that mean that I am document qualified and I should bring it to the interview.?

34EA2692-E7B6-4C21-83D6-6454FD2C4139.jpeg

D80DCBF4-529C-4DCA-B659-0D1EF4B66F65.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, sriti said:

Hi today I received an email from the NVC. I logged into my account to see that my documents were accepted and nothing was missing or rejected. But my message box said but I need to bring my divorce papers. Does that mean that I am document qualified and I should bring it to the interview.?

34EA2692-E7B6-4C21-83D6-6454FD2C4139.jpeg

D80DCBF4-529C-4DCA-B659-0D1EF4B66F65.jpeg

Yes. Take the decree to the interview. Looks like you are complete at NVC 

1 minute ago, Lil bear said:

Yes. Take the decree to the interview. Looks like you are complete at NVC 

Thanks for responding.  But when will I get the Document Qualified notification? I think I am hung up on the word submit. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, sriti said:

Thanks for responding.  But when will I get the Document Qualified notification? I think I am hung up on the word submit. 

I have just read the wording on your actual message .. “Submit“  is different to “bring”. Yes upload it to CEAC 
Yes you get an email telling you that the NVC stage is complete and that your file will be sent to the consulate once an appointment has been scheduled 

Edited by Lil bear

• 5 months later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Sorry to say, but you'll go back in line after you upload. It'll be another few months...

5 hours ago, shebcs said:

I am in a similar situation, just submit document request is for a different document. But mine also says "accepted / completed."

How long did you end up waiting after uploading new documents? If you're still here.

Sorry to say, but you'll go back in line after you upload. It'll be another few months...

8 hours ago, S007 said:

Thanks for the reply. Is this the timeline I'm looking at, about 2.5 months? https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

Is there some kind of variance based on visa-type and consulate your case is assigned to? Someone in a similar situation to me got DQd and interviewed in just a few weeks, I'm getting radio silence though =/

Also, do you know if you submit something new before they check the old, do you reset your position in line? Or does your first submission hold it's place?

Thanks again.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
48 minutes ago, shebcs said:

Is this the timeline I'm looking at, about 2.5 months? https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

Yes, that's the timeline.

49 minutes ago, shebcs said:

Is there some kind of variance based on visa-type and consulate your case is assigned to?

I'm not sure if there is a variance.

50 minutes ago, shebcs said:

do you know if you submit something new before they check the old, do you reset your position in line? Or does your first submission hold it's place?

I believe it resets your line if you upload something new. First submission doesn't hold its place. 

On 3/29/2021 at 5:34 AM, shebcs said:

I am in a similar situation, just submit document request is for a different document. But mine also says "accepted / completed."

How long did you end up waiting after uploading new documents? If you're still here.

Hi. As it turned out. I needed those documents they asked for. I submitted them and about two weeks later we were document qualified. We are still waiting for our interview as the embassy is relatively closed. 

1 hour ago, sriti said:

Hi. As it turned out. I needed those documents they asked for. I submitted them and about two weeks later we were document qualified. We are still waiting for our interview as the embassy is relatively closed. 

Thank you :) Someone in our region reported a similar experience, gives me some hope.

• 1 year later...

I am in a similar situation.  Our documents were accepted today but I received a case FE note asking for my marriage termination document which my already lawyer submitted along with all my other documents back in the beginning of February.  She is on vacation and will have to resubmit the document on Monday with a note stating that document was included in the original submission of documents. I spoke with the principal of the law firm and she said this has been happening a lot lately and the Biden admission hired 500 officers to review cases but they have not been trained properly and she is seeing a lot of mistakes with the NVC.  She also said although she does not know how long it will take to review the document after submission it does not reset the clock.

How long did it take for your case FE review document to be reviewed before document qualified?

12 hours ago, BethF said:

I am so sorry, that is horrible and I'll keep you updated when things progress, good luck and I hope you get DQ's soon!

Seeing so many cases being delayed by arbitrary errors at NVC. Pure incompetence. This truly has been the worst part of the entire process for us. USCIS wait was long, but at least it was predictable! Looking into taking action against NVC due to loss of job and humanitarian reasons as my husband’s mental health has rapidly deteriorated as a result of these endless setbacks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.