Becky&Sam

Visit from officers with Cairo Consulate

48 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I just talked to Sam earlier this afternoon and today two men visited his family's building and talked to his grandfather. There was no one else in any of the other flats in his family's building as all were at work. The men asked his grandfather if Sam lived there and he said yes. They asked if he was married and to who. He told them he was married and to an American woman named Becky. He said this is a picture of my grandson and his wife here up on our wall. (so happy they have our picture up in their living room!!) They asked if he had met me and if I had been there to visit them. Then.......these two men went to a shop down the street and showed the girl working there a picture of Sam and asked if she knew him. She said no. They asked her if she ever saw a foreigner or American woman at the store with Sam and she said no I don't know him. They asked her if she had seen any wedding celebration or party at Sam's family address on the street and she told them no (like our marriage was over a year ago) and she would know that!! Anyway these two men did not identify themselves as being from the consulate. They told Sam's grandfather that they had a paper to deliver to Sam. His grandfather said he would be happy to deliver to Sam when he saw him and they told him no, that the papers had to be delivered by them in person, but his grandfather said he never saw them with any papers in their hands. He tried to give them Sam's number to contact him and they didn't want the number, but his grandfather insisted. Unfortunately since he was the only one there he looked up the wrong number and gave them an incorrect number, but we know they have Sam's number cause they have called him on it before. Anyway very strange and actually kind of scary that they didn't even identify themselves as being from consulate. Sam's grandfather was asking him who were these men and we have figured they have to be from the consulate. No one else there knows about me or where I am from except for his family. :blink::blink:

Hopefully this means they are moving on our case, but we don't know what the next step will be. I think Sam will be calling Embassy tomorrow to see if they will tell him if these men were from the consulate that visited with his grandfather.

K3 Visa

03/26/06 Wedding day!!

waiting for documents to be translated and sent to me in US

05/21/06 Return to Egypt to visit for 9 wonderful days!

06/06/06 I-130 sent (finally!!)

07/12/06 NOA1

10/02/06 Approved!!!

07/20/06 I129f sent

07/24/06 NOA1

09/27/06 I129f approved!!!!

10/06/06 At NVC and case # assigned. Woohoo!!!

10/10/06 NVC sent K3 documents to Cairo today!!!

10/15/06 K3 documents received at Cairo consulate.

10/29/06 Packet 3 received.

11/01/06 Medical appointment

11/08/06 Medical certificate received

11/10/06 Packet 3 sent by delivery service

11/12/06 Packet received at consulate

02/05/07 Interview Date

02/16/07 10 day trip to Egypt

06/25/07 Home visit by field investigator

01/14/08 Got the email to send in his passport for visa!!!!

01/28/08 VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!

03/17/08 Arrival in USA!!!!!!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Gooooo Grandpa!!! Someone else from Egypt had a home visit from the embassy officials not long ago. Hopefully things will get moving on your case soon. :thumbs:

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Field investigations are common and the investigator goes out with a batch of files and travels to all the applicants one week and then returns his findings back to the embassy and consulate. Depending on how backlogged they are they can take a few days, weeks, or months to give a decision on their findings. You can have more than one field investigation as well. Good luck and your case is moving right along now.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

You don't have to answer this of course but is there anything unusual about your case which would prompt such a visit like an age gap or something? I'm just trying to figure out if this is their new style now since cairobound's husband just had a visit too.

Gawd that would royally suck for us since although he still has his old flat which is the address listed on the application, his sisters now live in the new flat so the only people at the old flat are the neighbors, one of which was the old woman with the big thick black khol under here eyes that yelled at us for 30 minutes accusing us of fornicating in the flat without being married. :blink: I guess the good thing is that the ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD knows we're married since she yelled so loud you could hear her a block away! :whistle:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

My husband's neice has a friend that also had a visit fromteh embassy. They visited him on June 5th and on June 19th he received his visa. They didn't have anything quirky about their relationship either. It's strange how some get selected to more thorough investigations than others.

Called the embassy today to hear nothing more than they are not done with their potion of the administrative processing. I guess I should have expected that answer.

05.02.2008 - Sent AOS & EAD package to Chicago.

05.04.2008 - Package recieved in Chicago.

05.09.2008 – Received NOA's.

06.04.2008 - Biometrics appt.

07.25.08 - Work Permission Received in Mail

07.28.08 - Applied for Social Security Number

08.04.08 - Received Social Security Number in Mail

09.29.08 - Started job

01.29.09 - AOS Interview

Timeline
My husband's neice has a friend that also had a visit fromteh embassy. They visited him on June 5th and on June 19th he received his visa. They didn't have anything quirky about their relationship either. It's strange how some get selected to more thorough investigations than others.

Called the embassy today to hear nothing more than they are not done with their potion of the administrative processing. I guess I should have expected that answer.

UGH that sucks!!! What more could they possibly have to do to give it to you????? :angry:

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline
You don't have to answer this of course but is there anything unusual about your case which would prompt such a visit like an age gap or something? I'm just trying to figure out if this is their new style now since cairobound's husband just had a visit too.

Gawd that would royally suck for us since although he still has his old flat which is the address listed on the application, his sisters now live in the new flat so the only people at the old flat are the neighbors, one of which was the old woman with the big thick black khol under here eyes that yelled at us for 30 minutes accusing us of fornicating in the flat without being married. :blink: I guess the good thing is that the ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD knows we're married since she yelled so loud you could hear her a block away! :whistle:

We do have an age difference, but not a huge one and what strikes me as strange is they did not identify themselves at all as being affiliated with the consulate. I don't know if they pick cases randomly or becuase there is an age gap or what. Could be different combinations of things. We had a lot of proof that we had sent in along with my three trips over the past year and many pictures of us together with his family. Who knows how they are deciding these things. Could you give them the current address right now or would that make things too difficult?

K3 Visa

03/26/06 Wedding day!!

07/12/06 NOA1

10/02/06 Approved!!!

07/20/06 I129f sent

07/24/06 NOA1

02/05/07 Interview Date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

We do have an age difference, but not a huge one and what strikes me as strange is they did not identify themselves at all as being affiliated with the consulate. I don't know if they pick cases randomly or becuase there is an age gap or what. Could be different combinations of things. We had a lot of proof that we had sent in along with my three trips over the past year and many pictures of us together with his family. Who knows how they are deciding these things. Could you give them the current address right now or would that make things too difficult?

It is amazing what we have to go through to be with the one we love. I must say i don't think many other consulates (other than the MENA ones) are this difficult. I hope this is good news for you Becky and they give Sam his visa soon! I think really this is good news! Keep us updated!!

AJ!

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Wow, they do home visits in Egypt? My husband never had that in Jordan. Is this something new? Or is it just for Egypt?

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Timeline

I honestly don't know but I think it would make it difficult. I'd at least like to wait until he's had his interview so that they don't send the pkt 4 to the wrong address. They're so messed up over there I'm afraid to rock the boat since so far he's gotten everything he's needed to get and the postman now knows his phone number and the people there know to look out for his mail. It's not like the US Postal system...it's so freakin' frustrating the postman goes there and then has to ask around for him, etc. bleh. We have an age difference too but it's only 7 years so I wasn't thinking it was a big deal but now I gotta wonder. :unsure: Oh well it's out of our hands and whatever will be will be. I have to learn to give this stuff up to God to handle since I can't control every little thing. Never used to be such a control freak until we started this process!!!

Wow, they do home visits in Egypt? My husband never had that in Jordan. Is this something new? Or is it just for Egypt?

Quite honestly these past two times are the first I've heard of it since I joined back in August, though maybe people had them and just didn't report them before. The US/Egyptian relations aren't doing so well so who knows if that has anything to do with it.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

I honestly don't know but I think it would make it difficult. I'd at least like to wait until he's had his interview so that they don't send the pkt 4 to the wrong address. They're so messed up over there I'm afraid to rock the boat since so far he's gotten everything he's needed to get and the postman now knows his phone number and the people there know to look out for his mail. It's not like the US Postal system...it's so freakin' frustrating the postman goes there and then has to ask around for him, etc. bleh. We have an age difference too but it's only 7 years so I wasn't thinking it was a big deal but now I gotta wonder. :unsure: Oh well it's out of our hands and whatever will be will be. I have to learn to give this stuff up to God to handle since I can't control every little thing. Never used to be such a control freak until we started this process!!!

I am the same way pushing wanting to make things move. My husband tells me we do all we can they ask and maybe a little extra and the rest is in God's hands. He has a much better outlook on all of this than I do I think, though he is just as frustrated as me with all the waiting and not knowing!! You wait until after your interview and see how things go. Maybe you won't need to think about address changes cause you get that visa so quickly!!!!

Quite honestly these past two times are the first I've heard of it since I joined back in August, though maybe people had them and just didn't report them before. The US/Egyptian relations aren't doing so well so who knows if that has anything to do with it.

I think that the info I got from a lady that was helping me at DOS could answer some of the changes we are seeing. She told me there is a new director of the visa issuance dept and there are many personnel changes and probably procedure changes too. That would be my two cents on what is happening. ( like any of us really knows!! ha!)

K3 Visa

03/26/06 Wedding day!!

07/12/06 NOA1

10/02/06 Approved!!!

07/20/06 I129f sent

07/24/06 NOA1

02/05/07 Interview Date

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yep, they sure do them a lot. The checked up on my husband as well. No one was home at the time, but a lot of his neighbors told him that a man came to his flat and was asking them a lot of questions.

Timeline

WOW... I am shocked with these home visits!!!!! :blink: :blink: :blink:

I wonder if someone will show up at mohamed's house.. LOL... thank God mama has a pic of me on her dresser ! lol

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

Timeline

No pics of me on the wall 'cause they are against having pictures of people up. As a matter of fact that's something we've always gone back and forth about...i.e. whether he's ok with the pictures that I already have up.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

You know that I at least had some hope until I read the post that someone put out here that said it depends how busy they are and it could take days or months. Back to the depression stage. I really don't know how much more of this I can take. Hope is all that we have. Phoning and emailing the embassy really does no good.

05.02.2008 - Sent AOS & EAD package to Chicago.

05.04.2008 - Package recieved in Chicago.

05.09.2008 – Received NOA's.

06.04.2008 - Biometrics appt.

07.25.08 - Work Permission Received in Mail

07.28.08 - Applied for Social Security Number

08.04.08 - Received Social Security Number in Mail

09.29.08 - Started job

01.29.09 - AOS Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.