Federica C

Expedite approved but case still at NVC

53 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline

Hello everyone, 

The us embassy in Bahrain has accepted my expedite request and NVC told me that they were immediately sending my file to the embassy. It's been 4 days and on the CEAC tracker i can see that my case is still at NVC and not in transit. How long does it usually take to be in transit? TIA 

Edited by Federica C

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 10/9/2020 at 9:34 PM, Federica C said:

Hello everyone, 

The us embassy in Bahrain has accepted my expedite request and NVC told me that they were immediately sending my file to the embassy. It's been 4 days and on the CEAC tracker i can see that my case is still at NVC and not in transit. How long does it usually take to be in transit? TIA 

I'm in the same situation as you and need answers as well. Hopefully we get a response soon

Timeline
1 hour ago, Rick2019 said:

it took a week, but still no interview  date. Expedite approved 9/3 ( got official note  9/4), CEAC  tracker showed "Ready"  9/10 ..... Good luck

Have you had your interview yet? I received the appointment cancellation email today

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Rick2019 said:

Not yet ( got the cancellation email, then the expedite approval).... still waiting for interview 

Have you tried scheduling the interview yourself? I guess that's what  is supposed to be done

1 hour ago, Federica C said:

Update: my status changed yesterday from 'at NVC' to 'IN TRANSIT' and then on the same day to 'READY'. I have my interview next Thursday!! So just keep checking on the CEAC tracker! Good luck!

Great News!!! So it took like a week, am I right?

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Ophoriwaa said:

Have you tried scheduling the interview yourself? I guess that's what  is supposed to be done

Yes exactly, but I heard for some people it can take up to two weeks

17 hours ago, Federica C said:

Yes exactly, but I heard for some people it can take up to two weeks

17 hours ago, Ophoriwaa said:

how do you schedule the interview? Please advise

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Rick2019 said:

I think the instructions are included in the email sent by the us embassy. I am yet to receive my email so I don't know exactly how it's done. But i know for sure that since it is an expedited case, the applicant is expected to schedule their own interview appointment 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Rick2019 said:

It depends on the embassy. For example in my case I received an email yesterday from the embassy giving me the interview date (22 october) so I didn't scheduled it myself. They also gave me all the instructions to follow before the interview date, like how to schedule a medical exam and the documents I need to bring on the interview date. So I suggest you guys to get in contact with the embassy and they'll tell you what to do 😊

Edited by Federica C

Timeline
8 hours ago, Ophoriwaa said:

My status changed from to ready earlier today. Can I expect the internet appointment letter as early as tomorrow? Or does that take another few days?

I received my interview letter the day after my case status changed to READY. So hopefully you'll hear from them soon! Good luck!

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Federica C said:

I received my interview letter the day after my case status changed to READY. So hopefully you'll hear from them soon! Good luck!

22 minutes ago, Federica C said:

Thanks! I'll keep you guys updated on what happens

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.