Federica C

Expedite approved but case still at NVC

53 posts in this topic

On 10/13/2020 at 5:39 PM, Ophoriwaa said:

Have you had your interview yet? I received the appointment cancellation email today

the same happened to me! Got expedite approval email yesterday, and today I got random email about interview cancellation (which I never had scheduled). Is that normal? The  status still shows NVC.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Dags said:

the same happened to me! Got expedite approval email yesterday, and today I got random email about interview cancellation (which I never had scheduled). Is that normal? The  status still shows NVC.

It's very normal. I think it's a generic email for when the embassy has to schedule an interview instead of NVC. The expedite approval usually comes within 24 hre of getting the cancellation emai. The status will change once you get the expedite approval email 

5 minutes ago, Ophoriwaa said:

It's very normal. I think it's a generic email for when the embassy has to schedule an interview instead of NVC. The expedite approval usually comes within 24 hre of getting the cancellation emai. The status will change once you get the expedite approval email 

it gets weirder because I got my expedite approval email first - it's yesterday. and then today that cancelled interview email 🤨

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Dags said:

it gets weirder because I got my expedite approval email first - it's yesterday. and then today that cancelled interview email 🤨

It's nothing to worry about. Just keep monitoring the CEAC status 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Dags said:

Our status  changed to Ready this morning and it’s with embassy in London 😊

That's good to hear. Kindly update us when you get an interview appointment. I doubt if London embassy is as 'slow' as the Accra Embassy😀

FYI-  I've actually managed to register my case with the inline scheduling system, as it's Ready in status. But there is no available interviews for now. So maybe you're are able to do it yourself as well, and try to schedule your own appointment with you embassy?

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Dags said:

FYI-  I've actually managed to register my case with the inline scheduling system, as it's Ready in status. But there is no available interviews for now. So maybe you're are able to do it yourself as well, and try to schedule your own appointment with you embassy?

Yes, actually I've also been able to register my case but it keeps saying there are no available appointments 

1 minute ago, Ophoriwaa said:

Yes, actually I've also been able to register my case but it keeps saying there are no available appointments 

There is couple available  here but it’s before my medical appointment 😭 I was reading somewhere that you just need to keep checking and checking 

on other note, did you get email from

embassy with instruction? Or you just registered?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Dags said:

There is couple available  here but it’s before my medical appointment 😭 I was reading somewhere that you just need to keep checking and checking 

on other note, did you get email from

embassy with instruction? Or you just registered?

I just registered,  no email from the embassy yet. Anytime I send them an email requesting for an appointment, they just respond by saying...routine visa services have been suspended... basically the same message on their website. I just don't know what to do next

2 minutes ago, Ophoriwaa said:

I just registered,  no email from the embassy yet. Anytime I send them an email requesting for an appointment, they just respond by saying...routine visa services have been suspended... basically the same message on their website. I just don't know what to do next

Did you try to call them? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.