21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I've traveled multiple times with letter with no issues, I've also traveled with stamp with no issues. Been waiting so long I've had the "pleasure" of both. 

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

On 10/7/2020 at 8:59 PM, TiaJK said:

Because my GC and the extension letter expired, so when I went to the USCIS office, they gave me the I-551 stamp and took away my physical GC. Just part of the procedure when getting the I-551 stamp.

What? they get your green card when you do the stamp? I never heard of it

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
12 hours ago, Sweet5884 said:

What? they get your green card when you do the stamp? I never heard of it

Some officers do. I've never had to give up my green card. Nor did they take the letter. 

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 10/7/2020 at 8:49 PM, TiaJK said:

Hi!

I am traveling from and to the US with an I-551 stamp (they took away my GC), and I am afraid I will have problems with the airline (Turkish Airlines). Anybody with the similar issues?

Thank you.

My husband recently had to deal with this with KLM. He had a I-551 stamp and extension letter but they kept insisting on a visa 🤦🏻‍♂️ He lost about 60 minutes total between both of his flights but eventually after calling multiple people they allowed him to board.

It was quite stressful so my advice is to get there very early in case you deal with unaware staff. Good luck!

Spoiler

K1 Timeline:

7/18/2016 --> I-129F application sent

1/26/2017 --> K1 visa received

Adjustment of Status Timeline:

2/7/17 --> I-485, I-131, I-765 (AOS+AP+EAD) application sent

8/18/2017--> green card received in mail

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

5/14/2019 --> I-751 application sent

10/2/2020 --> 10-year green card received in mail

Naturalization Timeline:

7/28/2020--> Submitted N-400 application online

2/12/2021--> Biometrics re-use letter received

4/30/2021--> Interview scheduled for 6/8/2021

6/8/2021-->  Approved during interview

6/21/2021-->  oath ceremony - officially US citizen

K1: 7/18/2016 --> 1/26/2017

AOS: 2/7/17 --> 8/18/2017

ROC:  5/14/2019 --> 10/2/2020

Naturalization: 7/28/2020--> 6/21/2021

7 hours ago, NYBEtt said:

My husband recently had to deal with this with KLM. He had a I-551 stamp and extension letter but they kept insisting on a visa 🤦🏻‍♂️ He lost about 60 minutes total between both of his flights but eventually after calling multiple people they allowed him to board.

It was quite stressful so my advice is to get there very early in case you deal with unaware staff. Good luck!

That's what I was afraid of ...:// Thank You!

Edited by TiaJK

Just now, TiaJK said:

I talked to an USCIS officer in LA where I got the stamp and where I am landing (got a number from my lawyer, not the 1-800 one) and they explained nicely that nobody can forbid me to come into the States based on my valid I-551 stamp and he told me to bring the confirmation from USCIS that I am in the process for the green card. I just hope I won't need to deal with untrained staff. Thank you everybody for your answers.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.