MikeMinusWife

Interview Scheduling - Is there a time limit ?

34 posts in this topic

On 10/28/2020 at 10:47 AM, Dags said:

No problem!

Currently even my page shows no slots available :(

So here’s how this played out.

I connected offline with Dags (who is a top guy by the way) as he seemed to have more luck finding slots, and as we were trading texts my appointments page suddenly switched to show an unconfirmed appointment for next week.  It turns out that in spite of the visa unit at the Embassy telling me that they don’t schedule appointments, they took pity on me as an expedite (with a family) and did just that!  So in spite of the short notice we have grabbed it and also managed to get our medical appointment on the same day, so we will be marked as a 221g and there will be a 2 week delay but hey who cares, we will be done !!

This (the expedite) has probably saved us at least 6 months of waiting, at last !!

(with thanks to all esp. Dags)

3 minutes ago, MikeMinusWife said:

So here’s how this played out.

I connected offline with Dags (who is a top guy by the way) as he seemed to have more luck finding slots, and as we were trading texts my appointments page suddenly switched to show an unconfirmed appointment for next week.  It turns out that in spite of the visa unit at the Embassy telling me that they don’t schedule appointments, they took pity on me as an expedite (with a family) and did just that!  So in spite of the short notice we have grabbed it and also managed to get our medical appointment on the same day, so we will be marked as a 221g and there will be a 2 week delay but hey who cares, we will be done !!

This (the expedite) has probably saved us at least 6 months of waiting, at last !!

(with thanks to all esp. Dags)

thanks dude! and congrats! Glad you got it all sorted :)  we're still looking for slot as since our last chat, there is non available at all. 

I kinda wish now I had gone for the same day, or even earlier  interview appointment for the sake of having easy mind! But hey ho, here I'm refreshing the calendar and hoping something finally pops in there.

12 minutes ago, Dags said:

thanks dude! and congrats! Glad you got it all sorted :)  we're still looking for slot as since our last chat, there is non available at all. 

I kinda wish now I had gone for the same day, or even earlier  interview appointment for the sake of having easy mind! But hey ho, here I'm refreshing the calendar and hoping something finally pops in there.

Sending you all the luck Dags - grab the first one you see bud !

3 hours ago, MikeMinusWife said:

Sending you all the luck Dags - grab the first one you see bud !

thanks a lot! I sure will as soon as I can see one! 🙏 good luck on interview! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.