California2020

Conditional Green card or 10yrs Green card

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My I130 got approved and I applied for adjustment of status ( I485 ) and waiting for the interview so my question is if they approved the adjustment Am I gonna get 2yrs or 10yrs green card ? 
I know that if we are married over 2yrs we are gonna get 10yrs green card but how they count the 2yrs? I know that it starts from the days we got married but until when like ( the day we filled I130 or the days we filled I485 or the day of the final interview for adjustment or the day they issue the green card ) 

thank you in advance 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, manhattan2016 said:

My I130 got approved and I applied for adjustment of status ( I485 ) and waiting for the interview so my question is if they approved the adjustment Am I gonna get 2yrs or 10yrs green card ? 
I know that if we are married over 2yrs we are gonna get 10yrs green card but how they count the 2yrs? I know that it starts from the days we got married but until when like ( the day we filled I130 or the days we filled I485 or the day of the final interview for adjustment or the day they issue the green card ) 

thank you in advance 

The day of approval of the actual green card 

YMMV

Filed: Timeline
11 hours ago, payxibka said:

The day of approval of the actual green card 

U 100% sure about that ? Because attorney told me that it starts from the date of marriage until the date of filling out the I130 

( my case is adjustment of status I485 inside the states )

thank you

2 hours ago, manhattan2016 said:

U 100% sure about that ? Because attorney told me that it starts from the date of marriage until the date of filling out the I130 

( my case is adjustment of status I485 inside the states )

thank you

The attorney is incorrect.

What matters is the timespan from the marriage until the date that you become a Legal Permanent Resident.

If you do an immigrant visa process, the latter date is the date of entry into the US.

If you do AOS, the latter date is the date that AOS is approved.

The date of filing the I-130 has no role, other than setting a Priority Date (for categories where a PD even applies).

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.