Enek and Alrock

Pending SLEC Results

22 posts in this topic

Hi guys, last Sept 15 was my interview. It went well and was recommended for approval. However, the Embassy has not received my medical results and cannotn issue my visa right away. The consul said the turnaround time can be 2 to 4 weeks. I wasnt given a 221g paper though.

I underwent sputum culture but it turned out negative and I completed my medical last Sept 9. Then I called SLEC and they said my results we submitted on Sept 10. 

My visa status is still on "Ready" and the dates changed from Sept 15 to Sept 18, 22& 24. 

Anyone who has the same case as mine? How long did you wait before your visa issuance? 

Edited by Enek and Alrock

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We interviewed on February 18, 2020 and at the initial document screen they claimed that they did not have our physical.  After two hours of waiting for them to find the physical we had the interview and passed.  I am not sure if they ever found physical because visa was issued 26 February and then withheld 27th.  So here we are 7 months later caught up in Covid.  She has since taken a 2nd physical.  I sincerely hope you don't get the same treatment that we did.  Based on what you read here SLEC is having a lot of problems lately. Sputum testing was also involved in her physical, she was of course negative.

1 hour ago, PWB said:

We interviewed on February 18, 2020 and at the initial document screen they claimed that they did not have our physical.  After two hours of waiting for them to find the physical we had the interview and passed.  I am not sure if they ever found physical because visa was issued 26 February and then withheld 27th.  So here we are 7 months later caught up in Covid.  She has since taken a 2nd physical.  I sincerely hope you don't get the same treatment that we did.  Based on what you read here SLEC is having a lot of problems lately. Sputum testing was also involved in her physical, she was of course negative.

My heart sank and I have no words on what you're going through right now. 17k is no joke and that's not even the hardest part of this whole process. I admire your strength, perseverance and patience.

I don't understand though why was your visa withheld, is it because of the medical? Did they lose the submitted record? When did she finish her first medical? Were you in contact with the embassy during the lockdown?

At this rate they're handling our case, I fear this might happen to us too.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have written loud and often about the treatment we received at window 37 during the initial document screening.  I was with my fiancée during the interview process and saw first hand the sloppy work that was done.  They also claimed that the NBI was missing/incorrect and we had the personal copy of the lower portion of the document that was returned by window 37 and they kept the official copy.  Efforts to resolve the matter before I had to return to the U.S. were hopeless since the Embassy went off line for maintenance and you had no direct contact with anyone who could help you.    Covid has changed everything.  I take the virus seriously, but it also has allowed Government, hospitals, and others a ready made excuse to be incompetent.   There has been reported computer problems with SLEC the last week lets hope your paperwork is not lost and you get your visa.   Best of luck.

1 hour ago, PWB said:

I have written loud and often about the treatment we received at window 37 during the initial document screening.  I was with my fiancée during the interview process and saw first hand the sloppy work that was done.  They also claimed that the NBI was missing/incorrect and we had the personal copy of the lower portion of the document that was returned by window 37 and they kept the official copy.  Efforts to resolve the matter before I had to return to the U.S. were hopeless since the Embassy went off line for maintenance and you had no direct contact with anyone who could help you.    Covid has changed everything.  I take the virus seriously, but it also has allowed Government, hospitals, and others a ready made excuse to be incompetent.   There has been reported computer problems with SLEC the last week lets hope your paperwork is not lost and you get your visa.   Best of luck.

Thank you! I hope your fiance gets her visa soon. Have another NBI ready just in case. 

All the best for you and your fiance!

On 9/26/2020 at 7:06 AM, Gelline said:

I got my interview approved last Sept 14. I tried emailing embassy about the status of my visa cause it still says ready but they havent replied to me. All i see is that they opened my case on the 24th around the time i emailed them

I wonder how should we go about this. I mean, SLEC said they only upload medical result to a database, right?

May I know how your consul looks like?

Were you given a 221g form?

13 hours ago, Enek and Alrock said:

I wonder how should we go about this. I mean, SLEC said they only upload medical result to a database, right?

May I know how your consul looks like?

Were you given a 221g 

I dont know how they upload it. I told them i had my medical Sept 10th at the pre screening and the lady left the window to check it and came back said nothing. But i noticed they had a folder with my case number labeled on it.

I wasnt given a 221g. My interview went fast and good. Consul told me he recommends my visa for approval and gave me a piece of paper with information on how to track my visa status. I left embassy thinking i was done with all this immigration process

The consul is a young white guy, black hair.

I guess im just trying to be patient now and i see my case being updated everyday so im just waiting cause they didnt really tell my anything and they didnt respond to my email.

At least they gave you a timeline, if you dont receive your visa within that time best to contact them.

@Gelline did you get any new update on your Visa? I saw others who was interviewed September 15, got their visa issued. Maybe try to call or email the embassy.

My daughter got 221g, I mailed the docs they requested but will reach Manila on Friday. I'm just looking on a positive side that we'll send the documents along with her passport. I will call and email them on Monday.

1 hour ago, RandR16 said:

@Gelline did you get any new update on your Visa? I saw others who was interviewed September 15, got their visa issued. Maybe try to call or email the embassy.

My daughter got 221g, I mailed the docs they requested but will reach Manila on Friday. I'm just looking on a positive side that we'll send the documents along with her passport. I will call and email them on Monday.

Yes they told me they received my medical report and forwarded it to a consul for review. And they dont know when it would be completed. I guess i just need to be patient and wait for it, they have my passport and i see my case get updated everyday.

6 hours ago, Gelline said:

Yes they told me they received my medical report and forwarded it to a consul for review. And they dont know when it would be completed. I guess i just need to be patient and wait for it, they have my passport and i see my case get updated everyday.

Did you email or call? 

28 minutes ago, Gelline said:

I emailee them. I just checked right now and my status changed to issued. My visa will be sent to me within the week. Btw i took my medical exam sept 10, i guess they just received it thats why it took long. Your gonna get yours soon. 

When you did your interview last month what was it like at the embassy? Did you wait outside? How busy was it in the embassy during the interview? Etc etc. 

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

5 hours ago, Gelline said:

I emailee them. I just checked right now and my status changed to issued. My visa will be sent to me within the week. Btw i took my medical exam sept 10, i guess they just received it thats why it took long. Your gonna get yours soon. 

Wow congrats Gelline! Safe travels 😊 

I hope we get issued soon too haha

6 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

When you did your interview last month what was it like at the embassy? Did you wait outside? How busy was it in the embassy during the interview? Etc etc. 

I got interviewed sept 14. There were few people being interviewed as compared to before. I thinke theres only like around 20 people waiting for their interviews inside so it wasnt busy at all. I was there for an hour.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.