Ladooz

Mumbai Consulate Interview - IR1/CR1

1,239 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Amrit Gurbir said:

Hey, did everyone get their interviews cancelled for the month or only individuals who had it later on this month?  Since it did say they will cancel some of the interviews, I assumed it meant they were reducing their capacity until further notice.  I tried to join that telegram but they rejected me for some reason.

Just joined the group today and they got me restricted from being able to comment till June 17th so I can only read what others say lol

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Siddsgal said:

Did you have an interview scheduled? Its late here, I’m too tired to go back and read through this feed lol

No, it was DQ November 5th so it would have been scheduled this month for May.  Yeah, it is late here as well almost midnight, I work overnight currently so I will be up all night.

2 minutes ago, Amrit Gurbir said:

No, it was DQ November 5th so it would have been scheduled this month for May.  Yeah, it is late here as well almost midnight, I work overnight currently so I will be up all night.

You may call them right now if you want too. They are open now as per website

Timeline
2 minutes ago, mo93 said:

they say in the email we will need to reschedule when they open again, but will they email us to tell us to reschedule? we were scheduled by nvc for our immigrant visa so i dont really understand how they want us to schedule our own appointment like its a free for all when they open back up

My understanding of it is that they will notify you when appointments are available, instead of it being scheduled through NVC, it’ll be through Consulate. You’ll just get them telling you when ur interview is. 

1 minute ago, Siddsgal said:

My understanding of it is that they will notify you when appointments are available, instead of it being scheduled through NVC, it’ll be through Consulate. You’ll just get them telling you when ur interview is. 

you think mumbai will email us with a new interview date and time sometime after they open?

1 minute ago, Siddsgal said:

i was thinking theyd tweet it and we would have to look for there tweet like 24/7 and then go on ustraveldocs/in and book ourselves. lets hope its the former where they just schedule us.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Anynonmus said:

You may call them right now if you want too. They are open now as per website

Another member did call the consulate and she said they have no clue about this lockdown.  If you are telling me to call NVC, that would be pointless since this is a restriction set by the Consulate not NVC.

Just now, Amrit Gurbir said:

Another member did call the consulate and she said they have no clue about this lockdown.  If you are telling me to call NVC, that would be pointless since this is a restriction set by the Consulate not NVC.

No point to call NVC . Only Mumbai consulate can answer our questions.

I don’t know if they are reduced staff or fully shutdown. If fully shutdown then they won’t even working on any 221g as well. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Anynonmus said:

No point to call NVC . Only Mumbai consulate can answer our questions.

I don’t know if they are reduced staff or fully shutdown. If fully shutdown then they won’t even working on any 221g as well. 

221g is out of the question to begin with, they are according to the previous posts only operating until the 12th of April then they are going back to that covid19 shutdown mode where they only process mission critical and emergency visas. 

Just now, Amrit Gurbir said:

221g is out of the question to begin with, they are according to the previous posts only operating until the 12th of April then they are going back to that covid19 shutdown mode where they only process mission critical and emergency visas. 

were we not mission critical? who the hell is more mission critical than our spouses/parents/children

Timeline
18 minutes ago, mo93 said:

you think mumbai will email us with a new interview date and time sometime after they open?

Thatd be my guess. Pretty sure that’s how they did it when started rescheduling canceled interviews last time. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.