1,239 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 12/17/2020 at 9:18 AM, JatPat said:

Here is the link to visa time line: https://mumbaivisatimeline.vercel.app/

this web is not being updated anymore.

we have change the website 

here is the latest link for that. - https://mumbaivisatimeline-mocha.vercel.app

Note- if you are going to use "telegram group link", make sure you have a telegram username created on your app. and once you join. you fill out their timeline sheet.

message their admin that you have updated the sheet and you will be able to message in group once the group bot verifies your entry with your telegram username.  

Timeline
On 12/22/2020 at 12:05 AM, DesiGirlChicago said:

Hi,

I just did an analysis of the numbers we have from the Visa tracker spreadsheet listed in this forum (link) and the numbers coming from Consulate of approved visas (link).

For IR1/2-CR1 cases, number of approved Immigrant visas from Mumbai between August 2019 to Nov 2019 this is the month wise data from -

Aug - about 4; Sep - about 30; Oct - about 125 ; Nov - about 350. So for sure they have been increasing the capacity to interview a lot of people and hence giving appointment and visas to an increasing number of applicants who are already DQed.

From the Mumbai Visa Timeline spreadsheet folks who have got DQed till March 2020 (around 36) have got the interview appointment till Jan 2021. Below are the numbers of the applicants beyond March 2020 as per MVT list.

image.png.6bcec0b96fa7b34d6bd4b467275ae68c.png

May be this can help us understand how much longer/shorter is our wait. 

a) MVT is a small subset of people going to consulate. May be it is about 1/10th.

b) Dec can be a small number for immigrants visa due to holidays. We will know the count in late Jan2021.

c) Last years numbers were about 800-1000 Immigrant visas per month (including IR5). That means at full strength, consulates can interview 1000 people per month at least.

Hence am guessing that if Covid is managed well and consulates work at full strength, by April 2021, all this backlog will disappear and we who are 'praying for interview date' can appear interviews by then.

I wish by Holi 2021 all this waiting pain gets over for all of us.

Will love to get feedback.

thats a nice graph. 

Is that data from telegram group?

Timeline
On 12/22/2020 at 12:51 PM, DesiGirlChicago said:

(Sorry need to edit the post but was not able to find edit, hence reposting with lil changes)...

Hi,

I just did an analysis of the numbers we have from the Mumbai Visa Tracker spreadsheet listed in this forum (link) and the numbers coming from Mumbai Consulate Visas Issuance Statistics (Travel.State.Gov link).

From the Mumbai Visa Timeline spreadsheet, folks who have got DQed till March 2020 (around 36) have got the interview appointments dates till Jan 2021. Below are the numbers of the applicants beyond March 2020 as per MVT list.

image.png.6bcec0b96fa7b34d6bd4b467275ae68c.png

Mumbai Consulate Visas Issuance Statistics tells that for IR1/2-CR1 cases, month wise Immigrant visas issuance from August 2020 to Nov 2020 are as -

Aug - about 4; Sep - about 30; Oct - about 125 ; Nov - about 350. So for sure Mumbai Consulate has been increasing the capacity to interview a lot of people and hence giving appointment and visas to an increasing number of applicants who are already DQed.

May be this can help us understand how much longer/shorter is our wait. 

a) MVT is a small subset of people going to consulate. May be it is about 1/10th.

b) December 2020's visa issuance number is expected to be low due to holidays. We will know the exact count in late Jan2021 when Travel.State.Gov shares the statistics.

c) Last year (2019), Mumbai Consulate was issuing about 800-1000 Immigrant visas per month (including IR5). That means at full strength, consulates can interview 1000 people per month at least.

Hence am guessing that if Covid is managed well and consulates work at full strength, by April 2021, all this backlog will disappear and we who are 'praying for interview date' can appear interviews by then.

I wish by Holi 2021 all this waiting pain gets over for all of us.

Will love to get feedback.

just one problem with backlog. their capacity for ir/cr is increased by 50-80 cases for month of november 2020. but i am afraid this wont last for long.
come January and h1b and other banned categories will be included in their stats as well and this will cause ir/cr to go back to their monthly average of 300 cases per month. 

so the backlog is not going away for sometime. 
last year it took about 4 months after getting dq to get interview date.
so there a was backlog present at Mumbai consulate. covid just made it worse. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Shruthi said:

Can someone share the telegram link here ? 

https://t.me/joinchat/NRGqCktgOtOowcqcqCAT3A
here is the link to join

4 hours ago, SukhiAAAAA said:

https://mumbaivisatimeline.vercel.app/

Here it is.. these links are very useful.. 

This web is not being updated anymore. 
so dont rely on all the information there. 

We have changed the link to the web. 
i know this because i am the one who made this. 

Edited by AP-1

23 minutes ago, AP-1 said:

https://t.me/joinchat/NRGqCktgOtOowcqcqCAT3A
here is the link to join

This web is not being updated anymore. 
so dont rely on all the information there. 

We have changed the link to the web. 
i know this because i am the one who made this. 

It keeps saying group is not available in telegram 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Shruthi said:

It keeps saying group is not available in telegram 

That means you joined once but did not follow their group rules and were kicked out. 

contact group moderators 

@YP4U_ALL

@apatel74

@kishore538

they will be able to help you join back in

Edited by AP-1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Anynonmus said:

Till April 20 DQ’s have got the interview letters today. 

Mine DQ is 18th April I haven't received anything🧐

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.