Nicole Tierney

Document needed after interview

7 posts in this topic

My husband went to his interview at the London Embassy on August 27. They took his passport and said to upload a portion of my tax transcript that he said needed to be uploaded. My husband was told to upload it into the NVC portal. He did this under additional documents with the title of Tax Transcript as the spot for the Tax Transcript had already been taken by the first one I had up loaded. Our case online still says refused. We are getting concerned we were told to put it in the wrong place. Can anyone please help? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Nicole Tierney said:

My husband went to his interview at the London Embassy on August 27. They took his passport and said to upload a portion of my tax transcript that he said needed to be uploaded. My husband was told to upload it into the NVC portal. He did this under additional documents with the title of Tax Transcript as the spot for the Tax Transcript had already been taken by the first one I had up loaded. Our case online still says refused. We are getting concerned we were told to put it in the wrong place. Can anyone please help? 

Might be worth emailing the embassy.. put your case # in the subject line .. and advise them that you have uploaded the required documents into the additional document section. It will stay at “refused” while it goes through additional processing .. this is normal .. then it will change to issued. I’m sure things remain slow at the consulate 

Edited by Lil bear

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Nicole Tierney said:

We did. They said they can’t tell us if they have gotten the documents because they are getting too many documents at this time. They did say they would email us if they need anything but I don’t trust them. 

There’s really nothing more that you can do at your end .. I know it’s really really hard. Vjers who have been through the London consulate give good reports .. I think the issue is the overload and catch up needed after being closed for so long. As difficult as it is you will need to wait until your file makes the top of the pile again. They have his passport .. that is very positive sign and usually indicates that the visa will be issued once they verify the documents. It’s hard I know ... 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

My wife had the same situation on september 1st. They asked for the 2019 tax return transcript and told her to email it. They kept her passport as well. We are still waiting probably will be update soon. We were in Athens/Greece.

I had my IR-1 interview in London on 3rd of September. An additional document was needed after the interview as well. I sent it by email and only got an automated email therefore I have no idea if they have received my document. My case has been staying at “refused” for a week now. Very frustrating process as there’s no clear timeline for this! I sent them email asking for an update, but I was only told that they will only be able to inform me after the visa is issued. 

We just got ours issued yesterday. It said processing on Monday, September 14. Then on Tuesday, September 15 it said issued. We sent our first to the NVC because that is where he was told to upload it. We then also sent it via the email address for submissions as well. They are just taking their sweet time with everything. I hope you hear back soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.